PDA

View Full Version : New Cyclones

Richard Wolf
12-12-2005, 8:44 PM
I noticed that JDS is introducing a couple of new cyclones. They seem compact and reasonabily priced.

www.thejdscompany.com/ (http://www.thejdscompany.com/)

Richard

Cecil Arnold
12-12-2005, 9:19 PM
American Woodworker did a review on cyclones this month and the JDS looked interesting, but my take from the article is not ready for prime time. I did get the feeling that with a little tweaking they might be awesome.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
12-12-2005, 9:25 PM
I'd love to see a test done, but they look odd to me.

The first thing I noticed was the choke point at the intake, they take a nice big 8" or 10" intake and choke it down to what looks like 4", what is with that?

I would wait to see some independent testing on them before I'd drop my money on one.

Just my two yens worth.

Cheers!

Art Mulder
12-12-2005, 10:35 PM
They sure look stubby compared to the ones I've seen elsewhere. Short cone. Short Cylinder. Very wide pipe going to the "barrel".

There is no price on the jds website, do you know the cost?

Bill Simmeth
12-12-2005, 10:49 PM
There is no price on the jds website, do you know the cost?Amazon has them listed at $900 for the 2HP and $1400 for the 3HP. I really like their air cleaner I have -- if made similarly, these should be good machines, too.

Cecil Arnold
12-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Art, AWW list them at $995 & $1495 for 2 & 3 hp. They also list class "E" motors (Oneida and Griz have "F" ) and both have 8"inlets, no neutral vane, and under impeller there is no information?? As I said, they look interesting, but IMHO not ready for prime time.