PDA

View Full Version : Small logo with shadow imaging....

Brian Lamb
06-30-2019, 12:33 PM
I'm working on a job for a customer and their logo is small and the parts are small. I think the smaller text is about 4 point. To the naked eye (well, with my glasses) it doesn't look too bad, but take a picture and enlarge it and I can see that I'm getting some ghosting or double images. I haven't gone thru yet and double checked that mirrors are tight, and it's possible that the back and forth movement is even jarring the part... it doesn't weigh much.

My question is, I guess, can you set the laser (Universal X-600) to only engrave in one direction, that way if there is slop in the mechanicals, coming at it from one direction only would sharpen things up. I did a quick look thru the software and didn't see any selections for single or two direction printing.

Brian Lamb
06-30-2019, 1:24 PM
Never mind... I cleaned and double checked everything, no issues there, other than I probably should get a new lens. Looked more in the software and there is a slider for "Image Density" and I slid that all the way to the top and the improvement was dramatic... all good now.

Kev Williams
07-01-2019, 1:17 AM
'Image Density' is Universal's settings for the Y axis resolution, and 'all the way to the top' I believe translates to 1000 lines per inch-- slow, but good quality-

Depends on your print driver, but I believe yours has an "advanced" menu tab, within that menu are settings for halftone engravings, and there should be a horizontal slider called "Tuning"- this slider is how you adjust your left-to-right and right-to-left rastering so the engravings in both directions line up identically. Your's may need a tweak :)

Brian Lamb
07-01-2019, 12:07 PM
Hi Kev,

I will have to play with that... but the setting of the slider for Image Density did clear up any of the side to side shift. I was impressed at how clear the engraving got. It slowed it down maybe 20%, went from just under a minute to just over... but well worth it for the result. I don't know if you can tell, but the fuzzy one is in the lower right corner, the rest turned out nice and sharp.