PDA

View Full Version : Getting an Alarm or Tone to Sound When Job is Done?

Roberto Rodriguez
06-27-2019, 4:07 AM
Hey everyone. I've been in awe of the wealth of experience on this forum for a couple years now. Finally had a question for all of you.

Is there a way to somehow have an alarm or tone sound when the engraver is finished? I imagine this would be a CAD2/software question, but not certain. I have a 30W Laserstar Fibercube fiber laser. I know this question probably requires some pretty specific technical knowledge about the Lasercube, but I wasn't sure if anyone knew of a universal way to do this, or, worse, all of you to chime in at once saying, "Did you set the 'sound tone after job is done' switch to on?'"

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jerome Stanek
06-27-2019, 6:23 AM
My Chinese laser beeps when the job is done.

Clark Hussey
06-27-2019, 7:51 AM
Mine does too

My Chinese laser beeps when the job is done.

Chris DeGerolamo
06-27-2019, 7:13 PM
Watching. Mine does not beep. Have not seen a variable within EZCAD....

Bill George
06-28-2019, 7:51 AM
My Chinese Fiber never beeped. My CO2 does.

Kev Williams
06-28-2019, 11:22 AM
CO2 lasers generally beep, fiber lasers generally don't beep.

and there is actually a way to *maybe* do this within EzCad:

http://www.engraver1.com/ezsound.jpg

find a sound file you like put it in your C drive, then write a batch file that open a media player and play it.
I really don't know if this will work, I haven't had time to mess with it, but worth a try?

John Lifer
06-28-2019, 3:25 PM
Nope, that won't do it. It ties a program at open or close of the main program. At least that is the way it reads in manual but I can't make it work.... Oh well, it would be nice to hear and not have to look when doing a 10 minute run

Gary Hair
06-28-2019, 10:27 PM
Somewhere I have an Arduino shield along with the programming that does exactly what you want. It's programmable with a few different options, but it's been so long since I got it that I forget exactly what all it does. I commissioned a member here to design it and produce the board. I'll look through my boxes of Arduino/Pi stuff and see if I can find it. I had a complete board and a couple of extra boards ready to be populated with components.

Hey everyone. I've been in awe of the wealth of experience on this forum for a couple years now. Finally had a question for all of you.

Is there a way to somehow have an alarm or tone sound when the engraver is finished? I imagine this would be a CAD2/software question, but not certain. I have a 30W Laserstar Fibercube fiber laser. I know this question probably requires some pretty specific technical knowledge about the Lasercube, but I wasn't sure if anyone knew of a universal way to do this, or, worse, all of you to chime in at once saying, "Did you set the 'sound tone after job is done' switch to on?'"

Thanks in advance for any help!