PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Helix 24 Pricing

Cole Jacobson
06-25-2019, 9:02 PM
Hi,

I'm new here and also new to laser engraving/cutting and have a question. I've scoured through threads, but haven't had much luck finding pricing information. People don't seem to want to disclose the price they paid for their systems from the manufacturers. This seems a little counterintuitive to me since it would help everyone get a better price.

That being said, I've settled on the Helix 24 at 30 watts and was hoping for some advice with pricing from my distributor. I know there's some give in the price, but I really have no clue to what extent. My local dealer has the 30 watt Helix 24 marked at $16,995. I'd really just like an idea of where I should start my negotiations. Should I expect to be able to get 20% off? More? Less?

I'd greatly appreciate any input you can offer on your experience negotiating with Epilog.

Thanks,
Cole

Kev Williams
06-25-2019, 10:56 PM
I know zilch about Epilog price, but try this:

this is a link to the US Distributors for Eplilog's webpage--> https://www.epiloglaser.com/where-to-buy/us-distributors.htm

Go there, click on your state, all distributors close by will show up. If not, click a couple states away ;)

Call them and ask them what their absolute best price for the machine you want, and just use that as reference - and/or leverage ;) - against your local dealers price...

Cole Jacobson
06-26-2019, 12:49 AM
That's actually a great idea. It feels like I'm buying a new car, I didn't realize I was going to need to haggle when I decided to get into lasers.

Scott Shepherd
06-26-2019, 8:18 AM
It's not too often that capital equipment isn't a negotiated price. The better negotiator you are, the better price you'll get. Lasers aren't commodity items so it's a fair statement that someone running a distributorship for lasers in San Francisco has a much higher cost than one in Alabama.

Joe Pelonio
06-26-2019, 7:26 PM
I have never heard of anyone negotiating a discount from Epilog, but maybe a distributor would give up some of their percentage to make the sale. Let us know how it goes.

Cole Jacobson
06-26-2019, 9:25 PM
I have never heard of anyone negotiating a discount from Epilog, but maybe a distributor would give up some of their percentage to make the sale. Let us know how it goes.

Joe, I've seen a few people mention they got a slight discount and some free add-ons (rotary attachment and air compressor). Not sure how much the discount was, but it was mentioned. I'll check back once I'm finished with my negotiations.

Mike Null
06-27-2019, 7:57 AM
In my 20 plus years of engraving I've never known anybody, including Epilog, who wouldn't negotitate price. Way back when I was looking to replace my 25 watt ULS, Epilog quoted and when it appeared that I was going with Trotec they came back with a much lower quote. I still bought the Trotec.

Martin Safranek
07-25-2019, 7:53 AM
I agree with Mike and Cole. Everyone can negotiate. Lasers are not cheap and you have some options where you can buy. When i bought GCC i negotiate better price for machine and accessories.

Kev Williams
07-25-2019, 1:59 PM
Back in '95 Dad wanted a new work truck. Dealer talked us into leasing. Found a truck we liked, we settled on a down payment, they came in with paperwork, $415(ish) per month, 2-year Red Carpet lease.
Dad said 'too high. I want it under $300.
They came back again, $370's.
Nope
next, $350's...
Nope.
We may need a little more down payment--
Dad coughed up another $500...
next, $315...
Nope, under $300...
$304?
Nope. Under $300
--- $299.97?
We'll take it... :D

We got up to leave a couple of times ;)

That was a lot of fun, actually, and to my point-- you can haggle lease terms too, if you choose to go that route--

Ben Rivel
01-16-2020, 12:13 PM
Anything ever come of this? Curious on the pricing for the Legend series myself. Wondering what kind of deals people were able to get.