PDA

View Full Version : Prefinished maple ply in eastern Iowa?

Jeff Dolter
06-22-2019, 7:23 AM
Looking for a source.

Thanks.

David Buchhauser
06-22-2019, 7:32 AM
I recently bought some Maple plywood (smooth, but no finish applied) at Lowe's. I'm not sure if that is what you're after, but is might help.
David

Jim Becker
06-22-2019, 9:30 AM
Ask local cabinet shops where they buy their sheet goods. Most industrial sheet goods suppliers will sell to small operators, too. Worse case, you can work a deal with a cabinet shop to add your needs to their order for a few shekels. An independent, full-service lumber yard may also be able to help you, (probably special order) but it may be more costly that way since that's not often their focus.

Mike Wilkins
06-22-2019, 10:29 PM
Make your own refinished ply. Can't remember the magazine, but there was an article in which you sand, stain and apply a finish. After it is cured, simply saw the plywood to whatever dimensions you need. You need to make sure there are no rough spots on your table saw which will scratch the surface. Food for thought.

Larry Edgerton
06-23-2019, 9:02 AM
Johnson's Workbench has it in stock and has a store out your way. They deliver.

Gary Ragatz
06-23-2019, 3:09 PM
Johnson's Workbench has it in stock and has a store out your way. They deliver.

Is that the same Johnson's Workbench that's in Charlotte, MI? I thought they were a local operation, but I've been happy with their service and the materials I've bought from them.

Neil Gaskin
06-23-2019, 8:24 PM
Try liberty hardwoods. I’m in Lawrence KS. I believe they have distribution in NE Iowa.

BOB OLINGER
06-24-2019, 11:37 AM
Try liberty hardwoods. I’m in Lawrence KS. I believe they have distribution in NE Iowa.

Liberty Hardwoods also has an outlet in Ankeny, IA.

Jeff Dolter
06-24-2019, 4:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Liberty. They do stock it in Ankeny.