PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for vac. info - I'm a dead man

Joe Tonich
12-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Well............after weighing in on all the advice........I went for this....

A few good friends told me I can't give 'wimmin tools' to wives for Christmas presents......so........it is now a belated Anniversary gift. ;) :D

Hope she likes it enough not to kill me. :eek:

Thanks again,

Joe

Bruce Page
12-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Joe, good choice, she'll love it.

David Duke
12-12-2005, 1:17 PM
Hate to give you the bad news but "wimmin tools" for anniversary gifts (especially belated) don't have the desired effect either..........."Don't As Me How I Know"!!!

Charles McKinley
12-12-2005, 1:44 PM
Walter Williams would be proud!

Hopefully SWMBO will at least find it likeable.

Joe Pelonio
12-12-2005, 2:24 PM
You must not have been married too long. Unless specifically requested by her you cannot buy your wife anything related to housework as a gift for any occasion. It may seem unfair but that's the way it is. I know we love to get tools to be used for our home chores, like a new leaf blower or pressure washer, but women are just different. Look at it this way:
what will her friends think, or say to her when they ask her what you
got her for her anniversary? It almost seems like the value of our gifts is based on how much they can brag about it or show it off. That's why jewelry is so popular. Things like vacuums, toasters, new dishwashers,
or mixers are out. Sorry.

Brian Austin
12-12-2005, 2:28 PM
Unless specifically requested by her you cannot buy your wife anything related to housework as a gift for any occasion.
I'll still refuse even if asked. No WAY am I going to try to counter that event five years later when the original request was conveniently forgotten! :eek:

Joe Pelonio
12-12-2005, 2:34 PM
Sometimes we have to hope our wives don't look at the forum, eh?

Brad Schmid
12-12-2005, 2:46 PM
Uh Joe, I nearly had my life snuffed out 11 yrs ago when I bought my wife a new Kirby Vac for a gift:eek: I'll never make the mistake of buying "wimmin tools" as a gift again as long as I live. Apparently their brains work differently or sumthin':confused: If you do somehow survive this, don't ever let her get away, she's a good one:D

Brad

John Bailey
12-12-2005, 3:08 PM
Joe,

As a survivor of 32 yrs. of marriage (forget the congratulations, it's been with 4 wives) I can tell you, you got it right!! You're a dead man.

John

John Hart
12-12-2005, 3:10 PM
Here's my method Joe...."This is for the house...No particular occasion...Just knew you hated the old one"

Lee DeRaud
12-12-2005, 4:15 PM
Here's my method Joe...."This is for the house...No particular occasion...Just knew you hated the old one"Or you could try, "Hey, check out my new shop vac...bet it would work great on the carpet inside, too!!"

Mike Cutler
12-12-2005, 5:57 PM
Joe.
I gotta tell ya' bro, you better have something else besides that Vac for an Anniversary gift.
Me personally, I'd try to pass it off as an Xmas gift, before I'd give it as an Anniversary gift.:eek:

Sure was nice knowin' 'Ol Joe.. eh guys.;)

Wes Bischel
12-12-2005, 6:04 PM
Joe,
Dad bought mom a microwave - back when they were rare and high tech - for their anniversary. He STILL hears about that faux pas!!:eek: :(

Good advise on the "just because" approach.

Wes - who learned from Dad's mistakes!!

Dennis Peacock
12-12-2005, 6:41 PM
Good choice Joe!!!!!!!! Deb orta really like the Dyson.:D

Michael Stafford
12-12-2005, 7:24 PM
Joe, an excellent choice but no way would I give that to the LOML. I made the fatal mistake many years ago of giving my wife a vacuum cleaner. It took several surgeries to remove it from where she told me to shove it. "Wimmin tools, Wimmin tools", are you crazy? If I were you I would wrap that thing up and put it under the tree anonymously with your name on it. Then gleefully unwrap it and vacuum the house from top to bottom and hope that you can pull a Tom Sawyer on her. Don't, I repeat, don't ever give a woman "wimmin tools" for any gifting occasion. It is all right to buy a vacuum and bring it home but do not associate any "wimmin tool" with an anniversary, birthday, holiday or other festive event.

"WIMMIN TOOL"!!!!!!!!!! are you crazy?

Ron Jones near Indy
12-12-2005, 7:48 PM
Darn nice vac Joe. Duck when she opens it and I'll hope that she throws it to the west. Maybe it will reach my part of Indy.;)

John Miliunas
12-12-2005, 8:04 PM
Oh ohhhhhhhhh....Am I in trouble????:eek: I bought LOML a set of cutlery for Christmas. Very, very sharp cutlery, I might add!:eek: Will I be needing to wear my kevlar suit on Christmas morning or is that acceptable???:confused: :) :cool:

John Bailey
12-12-2005, 8:19 PM
John

Resistance is futile. I think you might consider Hari Kari(sp)!!:D

John

Jason Roehl
12-12-2005, 8:20 PM
Looks like we need to do another fundraiser--to get John M. his own suture kit, because at around $100 per stitch these days, there's no way he'll be able to afford the damage... :D

Jason

Mark Cothren
12-12-2005, 8:28 PM
Joe, you just shattered my image of you... here you had my thinking you were a smart guy... now you done gone and ruined it... at the very least I would get "the look" for doing something like that.

You better get some jewelry to go with it!!!! :D

Lee DeRaud
12-12-2005, 8:32 PM
Joe, you just shattered my image of you... here you had my thinking you were a smart guy... now you done gone and ruined it... at the very least I would get "the look" for doing something like that.

You better get some jewelry to go with it!!!! :DBut be sure and check with the wife first to find out what's the appropriate jewelry to wear while vacuuming the house.

Why no, now that you mention it, I'm not married...why do you ask?

Mike Cutler
12-12-2005, 9:26 PM
Pssst.... Hey guys, I got a secret to tell ya'.

Jewlery is "Wimmins' Tools".

John. The knives may be okay. A knife doesn't say WORK quite the same way a vacum or a dry mop does.

Tim Morton
12-12-2005, 9:33 PM
I once gave my wife an iron for her birthday....a very nice and very expensive iron that she had drooled over for a month...but to this day I hear about it whenever this type of conversation comes up....I wonder how meany of US would complain about getting a tool for xmas....:D :D

John Miliunas
12-12-2005, 9:40 PM
....I wonder how meany of US would complain about getting a tool for xmas....:D :D

Well, I gave up asking for tools for Christmas!:eek: Yeah, you heard me right. Shortly before last Christmas, I had picked up a beginners book on carving real, real cheap at the used book store. Just wanted to get an idea of what it was about. For Christmas, LOML bought me an entire leather roll of carving tools! Straight from HF!!!!:eek: :rolleyes: I'm no carver but, I know A-1 quality junk when I see it and these things would have a hard time going through soft butter!:D Needless to say, I quit asking....:) :cool:

Randy Moore
12-12-2005, 9:55 PM
Looks like we need to do another fundraiser--to get John M. his own suture kit, because at around $100 per stitch these days, there's no way he'll be able to afford the damage... :D

Jasonforget the suture. I think the fund raser will be for two funerals. I been married 15 year, learned this lesson 30 years ago on wife number 1:eek: . I am married to #3:) for 8 years.

Randy

Norman Hitt
12-13-2005, 2:33 AM
..............and for God's sake, don't EVER.....EVER.....EVER give her a new set of Top of the Line Michelens for her car for her Birthday, I don't care if all 4 tires on her car are completely gone and there is no rubber left on the rims.:o DAMHIKT

I think the only thing that would erase that gift from her memory would be Alzheimers.:( (Since I wouldn't wish that on Anyone, I guess I'll just have to keep hearing about it occassionally til they shovel my dirt).

Vaughn McMillan
12-13-2005, 6:10 AM
Great choice Joe. Your wife will really appreciate it, although I don't know how good it'll work on the blood stains. To where do I send flowers? (You know...for the funeral services and all.) :p

- Vaughn

John Hart
12-13-2005, 6:51 AM
Oh ohhhhhhhhh....Am I in trouble????:eek: I bought LOML a set of cutlery for Christmas. Very, very sharp cutlery, I might add!:eek: Will I be needing to wear my kevlar suit on Christmas morning or is that acceptable???:confused: :) :cool:

Reminds me of "Scrooged" with Bill Murray. "I've never liked a girl enough to give her 12 sharp knives"

John Miliunas
12-13-2005, 8:18 AM
Reminds me of "Scrooged" with Bill Murray. "I've never liked a girl enough to give her 12 sharp knives"

Whew....!:D Guess I'm OK then, 'cuz this is just a set of 3 Globals!:D :) :cool:

Phil Phelps
12-13-2005, 9:57 AM
....as an anniversary present, it sucks :D

Vaughn McMillan
12-14-2005, 5:36 PM
Whew....!:D Guess I'm OK then, 'cuz this is just a set of 3 Globals!:D :) :cool:
John, if she gives you any flak, then jjst send the Globals to me. I'll give them a good home. ;)

- Vaughn

John Miliunas
12-14-2005, 6:48 PM
John, if she gives you any flak, then jjst send the Globals to me. I'll give them a good home. ;)

- Vaughn

OK. I'll let the LOML know. Would you like for her to clean the blood off of them first or does it matter???:eek: :D :cool:

Steve Clardy
12-16-2005, 4:46 PM
During our 33 years, I gave her kitchen knives 3-4 times.
The last time, after discovering she got more knives, and threatening to use the biggest one on ME, I quit buying knives.

John Miliunas
12-16-2005, 5:06 PM
During our 33 years, I gave her kitchen knives 3-4 times.
The last time, after discovering she got more knives, and threatening to use the biggest one on ME, I quit buying knives.

Oh great!!! :eek: I'm not so sure mine would be kind enough to give me such a warning!!!!:eek: :cool: