PDA

View Full Version : Need help on search

Tony Falotico
12-12-2005, 6:40 AM
I'm looking for ideas, plans, info on building TV Trays. When I search in SMC for tv tray, 'tv tray', or "tv tray", The SMC search engine looks for tray and ignores tv, saying it is too short and unrecognizable. I end up with hundreds of posts with the word tray, then one must manually sort thru them. How can I narrow down the search to only those pertaining to tv type trays??

Hank Keller
12-12-2005, 8:52 AM
Try "Serving Tray". Also there are plans for a sering tray in the current issue of one the popular work working magazines. Not sure if I can provide a link to that site so PM me and I'll let you know which one.

David Wilson
12-12-2005, 8:57 AM
Tony
A while back Norm built some on his show. Plans are available on the New Yankee sight.

Tony Falotico
12-12-2005, 9:05 PM
Tony
A while back Norm built some on his show. Plans are available on the New Yankee sight.

Hank, I'll look thru the current mag's, if I don't find it I'll get in touch with you.

Thanks David, I like the one Norm has, the tray separates from the base so it's a combo serving tray / TV tray.

Still seeking and answer to the SMC search question, seems the quotes don't effect the search at all. Several times I've tried to search for stuff, but the search engine will not recognize anything under about 4 letters. What say ye' O' great and humble Admin's ??

Doug Shepard
12-12-2005, 9:10 PM
I had the same problem last week. Scroll to the bottom for a workaround
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=27143