PDA

View Full Version : A girl and her....

Rich Engelhardt
06-15-2019, 3:36 PM
Jigsaw :D :D

I picked up a Bosch barrel grip jigsaw.
It replaced my GMC top handle jigsaw.

My wife was cutting up some wood from an old workbench at the rental house we're rehabbing and asked my to cut some of the boards with the circular saw.

I told her I had a better idea.
I told her the GMC jigsaw was now hers & I gave her a handful of different blades to go with it.

LOL! You'd have thought I gave her a mink coat or diamond ring!

She's gone nuts with it looking all over for stuff to cut up!

Who would have figured?

I just hope she doesn't start eyeing my Track saw!

George Bokros
06-15-2019, 4:12 PM
Jigsaw :D :D
I just hope she doesn't start eyeing my Track saw!

What's the problem you have two!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-15-2019, 4:17 PM
Congratulations!

Your wife is different from mine! She saw scroll saw art performed by a family friend, took me shopping at the Woodcraft 110 miles away, insisted I buy an Excalibur 21" scroll saw and we both returned to attend a 4 hour scroll saw class. She hasn't used it once. I did have to use it on a project and more recently on a challenge which resulted in my spending several days relearning the lessons of the 4 hour class.

Frederick Skelly
06-15-2019, 5:50 PM
Wait till she finds out that you gave her the OLD saw, and that your new one is better!
Let us know how that goes Rich! :) :) :)

Mike Henderson
06-15-2019, 6:30 PM
Congratulations!

Your wife is different from mine! She saw scroll saw art performed by a family friend, took me shopping at the Woodcraft 110 miles away, insisted I buy an Excalibur 21" scroll saw and we both returned to attend a 4 hour scroll saw class. She hasn't used it once. I did have to use it on a project and more recently on a challenge which resulted in my spending several days relearning the lessons of the 4 hour class.

I needed a scroll saw for marquetry work and watched Craigslist. Finally, one came up that I wanted - a 26 inch RBI Hawk. When I went to pick it up, the guy said his wife thought she wanted to do scroll work so he bought the scroll saw. And then, she gave up on it.

So I got a barely used scroll saw at a very reasonable price.

Mike

Lee Schierer
06-15-2019, 9:55 PM
I love my Barrel Grip Bosch jig saw. It is so smooth and cuts really well. With the right blades I can get cuts that are as smooth as those you can get with a table saw.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-16-2019, 12:48 AM
:D
I needed a scroll saw for marquetry work and watched Craigslist. Finally, one came up that I wanted - a 26 inch RBI Hawk. When I went to pick it up, the guy said his wife thought she wanted to do scroll work so he bought the scroll saw. And then, she gave up on it.

So I got a barely used scroll saw at a very reasonable price.

Mike

Congratulations Mike! I had to pay full market price.

My wife of 50 years and I have an agreement. It's her house and rules. It's my shop and rules. I don't think she wants to play by my rules?:D

Rick Potter
06-16-2019, 3:53 AM
I have the exact same experience as Ken. In my case my wife decided I should get a brand new RBI Hawk 26", and insisted we get it at the San Diego fair. She also bought several scrollsaw books and wood so she could use it.

Over 10 years now and it has never been used.

Rod Sheridan
06-16-2019, 7:58 AM
Rich, wait until she discovers the Sawzall, then nothing will be safe......Rod

Andrew More
06-16-2019, 12:29 PM
Had a similar experience when first using my bandsaw. Prior to owning one I had no idea how useful they were, afterwards I was always looking for stuff to cut up. Also pretty happy with my DeWalt cordless jigsaw. Use and abuse the crap outta that thing, including trimming up fallen tree limbs.

Rich Engelhardt
06-19-2019, 4:34 AM
wait until she discovers the Sawzall:D :D Yeah - she knows all about that :). Thankfully - she doesn't like using one!