PDA

View Full Version : Camera system monitor connection

William C Rogers
06-11-2019, 10:28 AM
I didn't want to hijack another post.

I would like to increase my screen size from the small 5X7 that was supplied with the camera. I have the Hope hollowing system with the camera. The camera is an analog type with an RCA plug. I went to Best Buy but didn't get much help saying it would be expensive to convert analog to digital. What are possible solutions?

John K Jordan
06-11-2019, 2:42 PM
I didn't want to hijack another post.

I would like to increase my screen size from the small 5X7 that was supplied with the camera. I have the Hope hollowing system with the camera. The camera is an analog type with an RCA plug. I went to Best Buy but didn't get much help saying it would be expensive to convert analog to digital. What are possible solutions?

I have several monitors with analog inputs. Some TVs have them for game and camcorder inputs. I see some on Amazon that claim a wide variety of input capability. Maybe check there or talk to a different person at the store, someone over the age of 22. (You can use RCA-to-BNC connector adapters for analog video input)

https://www.amazon.com/Haorizi-inch-Monitor-Inputs-Bulit/dp/B0796QL4DY
https://www.amazon.com/Haorizi-inch-Color-Monitor-Built/dp/B07864KVFQ

Also you could search for security monitors with analog input.

Or: I haven't tried one, but inexpensive converters advertise conversion from RCA analog to digital, in this case HDMI:
https://www.amazon.com/CIMPLE-CO-Converter-Composite-Red-White-Yellow/dp/B0771TSGVC

JKJ

Peter Blair
06-12-2019, 9:12 AM
William I hink in the other thread I mentioned that I got a cheap monitor/tv with analog inputs from our Thrift Store. Here in BC they can be found quite easily on Craigslist or Varage. The only problem I had was that my camera doesn't now show in actual size but in about 1.5. However it didn't take long for me to get accustomed to that. I do like a screen that will hold a magnet as I said because I like to be able to move the mylar around depending on which bit or tool I'm using.

Grant Wilkinson
06-12-2019, 3:22 PM
Does the monitor you are looking for have USB inputs? I have a cable that inputs from RCA and outputs to USB. I use it for another purpose, but it works fine. If you search on RCA to USB cable, you will find lots of choice.

William C Rogers
06-13-2019, 7:40 AM
Does the monitor you are looking for have USB inputs? I have a cable that inputs from RCA and outputs to USB. I use it for another purpose, but it works fine. If you search on RCA to USB cable, you will find lots of choice.

Grant, I do have an older Mac computer with USB inputs. However my camera only has an RCA output. Since this is not in my expertise, I believe I would need a converter from analog to digital to make that work. Or find a monitor with analog input as the ones John suggested. I just guessing to make the old computer to work it would be more than just an adapter.

John K Jordan
06-13-2019, 8:42 AM
Grant, I do have an older Mac computer with USB inputs. However my camera only has an RCA output. Since this is not in my expertise, I believe I would need a converter from analog to digital to make that work. Or find a monitor with analog input as the ones John suggested. I just guessing to make the old computer to work it would be more than just an adapter.

You might also find an old TV with analog inputs at a charity thrift store for almost nothing. A quick Craigslist search showed some in this area for $10.