PDA

View Full Version : shower

Mark Singer
12-11-2005, 8:58 PM
I AM JUMPING IN THE SHOWER.....sounds dangerous or as the gardner says....peligroso;)

Michael Perata
12-11-2005, 9:56 PM
Thank you for sharing your current activities with us.

Mark Singer
12-11-2005, 10:00 PM
It is a very important part of woodworking.....Its like personal dust collection....what is your favorite soap?:rolleyes:

Jamie Buxton
12-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Funny -- there's usually somebody from the pix police here, isn't there?

Roy Wall
12-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Funny -- there's usually somebody from the pix police here, isn't there?

Remember the saying..........."be careful what you ask for, you may just get it".............:eek: :eek:

Lever 2000 is my favorite!

Jim Dunn
12-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Heard of jumping in the tub, but the shower?? Must be a California thing:eek::eek::D:D.

John Miliunas
12-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Uhhhhhmmmm....I'm thinking this may be a case of, "Too much information!":D :rolleyes: :) :cool:

Mark Singer
12-11-2005, 10:43 PM
What is a good hand soap for taking off glue, dyes ...without using acetone which is not healthy..IMHO I never drink it

John Miliunas
12-11-2005, 10:51 PM
The dyes will take just a wee bit more work but, on the glue and most everything else, your Rotex w/some 80 grit will work just fine!:D :D :cool:

Mark Singer
12-11-2005, 11:11 PM
The dyes will take just a wee bit more work but, on the glue and most everything else, your Rotex w/some 80 grit will work just fine!:D :D :cool:

You were such a perfect house guest.....what has happened to you?
Rotex on my hands....why not suggest the plunge saw:confused:

Frank Hagan
12-11-2005, 11:11 PM
"Jump in the shower" must be a Californian thing ... it sounded OK to me. Without my glasses, I can't really tell how much dust is being washed off, but it must be substantial ... LOML has to remind me to rinse out the shower (no glasses = no seeing dust, dirt, hair in shower). I tried wearing my glasses in the shower once, but that didn't help.

I like the orange scented, gritty hand cleaner from Costco ... comes in a lifetime supply bottle that has a wall mount. I think it has lanolin or some other slimey stuff that really helps soften the PVA glue quickly. The grit helps discover where you have small cuts and nicks on your hands.

John Miliunas
12-12-2005, 7:54 AM
Rotex on my hands....why not suggest the plunge saw:confused:

Naaaahhhh....That would just make more of a mess!:D Sorry about the 80 grit thing...:o You're right. Your hands are much too delicate for that. Maybe start at about 320 grit and, if that doesn't do it, work your way down in courseness.:D

In all seriousness, I use a similar product to what Frank suggests. We don't have Costco around here but, I buy a something like that at the John Deere dealer. Works great as a waterless cleaner, though you've got the advantage of having that sink right there in the garage.:) Doesn't dry out your skin really bad, either.:) :cool:

Lee DeRaud
12-12-2005, 11:09 AM
What is a good hand soap for taking off glue, dyes ...without using acetone which is not healthy..IMHO I never drink itI use the orange "Gojo" stuff with pumice from Pep Boys. But I don't think there's that much of a toxicity problem with acetone, at least not through the skin...it's the active ingredient in nail polish remover.

Real answer is, wear gloves: if it was easy to wash off, they wouldn't call it "stain".:p