PDA

View Full Version : My Daugthers Bed

Matt Meiser
12-11-2005, 8:55 PM
I finally got back in the shop this week and made some good progress on my daughters bed. The headboard is shown below. The footboard has also been fitted up. Still have a way to go with final fitting of the headboard, easing edges, sanding, and headboard/foodboard glueups with will each take a few days since they will need to be done in stages and I don't have enough long clamps.

Corey Hallagan
12-11-2005, 9:44 PM
Very nice Matt. Glad you were able to get back into the shop. Has to be sore though! Nice job!

Corey

Shelley Bolster
12-11-2005, 10:12 PM
It's wonderful to see that you are able to get back into the shop Matt! Terrific job on the headboard....looks great!:D

Travis Porter
12-12-2005, 1:02 PM
Very nice. Are the panels solid wood or plywood?

John D Watson
12-12-2005, 2:23 PM
Nice bed Matt, and is'nt that always the way, never enough clamps.

Matt Meiser
12-12-2005, 4:12 PM
The panels are veneered MDF. This is my first try at venering and I'm VERY pleased with the way they turned out.

Jim Becker
12-12-2005, 9:43 PM
Nice job, Matt. That's a fine looking bed that is taking shape...I'm sure your daughter will be thrilled with Dad's excellent work!

Matt Meiser
12-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Another update. The bed is basically complete. I have to inlay a piece in the headboard where I mismeasured for the mortise for the hardware and do the final sanding, then its ready for finishing. I decided to go with a wipe on poly finish instead of spraying the WB laquer since I don't have time to practice spraying and get the bed done by Christmas. Basically, I could do one or the other and I'd rather give her the bed.

Peter Pedisich
12-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Matt,

Bed looks real nice, can't wait to see pics of it with a finish.
Thanks for the updates, I'm watching and learning.

Pete