PDA

View Full Version : Terminology for a PVC to tubing connector?

Stephen Tashiro
06-06-2019, 11:23 PM
What's the terminology for a fitting that connects 1/2 inch PVC pipe to plastic tubing?
I saw such a fitting in a YouTube video. The end that fits into the PVC pipe is threaded, which isn't obvious from the attached screenshot.

Couldn't find it at Home Depot - perhaps I wasn't using the right terms to ask for it.

Sam Force
06-07-2019, 12:06 AM
Looks like a threaded male end with a hose barb

Curt Harms
06-07-2019, 6:58 AM
What's the terminology for a fitting that connects 1/2 inch PVC pipe to plastic tubing?
I saw such a fitting in a YouTube video. The end that fits into the PVC pipe is threaded, which isn't obvious from the attached screenshot.

Couldn't find it at Home Depot - perhaps I wasn't using the right terms to ask for it.

I've never looked for such a thing at Home Depot. Our local Ace hardware has quite a large selection of such fittings. If you have a local hardware store have you checked there?

Don Coffman
06-07-2019, 7:33 AM
I see the terminology as such : Barbed 1/2" x 1/2" Inch MPT Fitting

David L Morse
06-07-2019, 8:05 AM
Instead of trying to find terminology that the store personnel will understand you could just take you phone with you and show them the video or the picture you posted.

Bill Dufour
06-07-2019, 1:25 PM
also do you want plastic which will fail in the sun or brass which will cost a dollar more and last forever. be careful and do not get a potmetal one which will corrode away under the brass paint.
Bill D.

Bill Jobe
06-07-2019, 5:28 PM
They are quite common and can be found at any of the home improvement stores, as well as perhas and hw store.
They come with a wide varieties of ways to connect to other conduit.
I've used many of them when I had a koi pond.
I think you can get them in slip fitting as will, so you can glue a pvc pipe into it. The are pipe thread.
Look for the isle where you can see rolls of plastic tubing sticking out.