PDA

View Full Version : circuit board failure- common problem?

Ian Malings
12-11-2005, 11:51 AM
my epilog helix (new in May 2005) lost it's home position. after talking to the tech, he determined that the circuit obard needs replaceing. says it's happened on a number of machines.

is this a common problem? can i expect the replacement to last beyond my warranty?

anyopne else with this problem?

ian

Joe Pelonio
12-11-2005, 4:57 PM
I have the older Epilog 24TT and have had no such problem, but since the Helix is a brand new model I'd guess that there are some bugs in it, hopefully will be fixed by the replacement. Be glad you have a warranty, and I have found their techs to be very helpful and quick to get you going again

Robert Alexander
12-11-2005, 11:03 PM
I had a problem with my helix 45 watt last summer.When I talked with the rep in Arizona and techs at Epilog, they were not quite sure what the problem was.
So they sent a new circut board and power supply fast. It turned out to be the power supply. I was down about 3 days( I think it was the weekend though).
I was happy with the help I got from my regional rep. and the service tech at Epilog. And the machine has be running okay ever since.

Jerilyn Miller
12-12-2005, 4:33 PM
Just this morning we had the exact same problem as you, also have the same model.

Jerilyn Miller
Arkansas State University Sign Shop

Ian Malings
12-12-2005, 7:48 PM
OK- just swapped out the circuit board
took about ten minutes and all is well

just hope this is the only time o have to do this