PDA

View Full Version : Young Hip and Disgusting

Jim Koepke
05-28-2019, 10:15 AM
Of course, someone does something, then posts it on social media and it becomes a trend. Hopefully this one doesn't last of make it into the mainstream:

https://www.healthyfoodhouse.com/nostril-hair-extensions-is-the-new-beauty-trend-apparently/

It looks like people have spiders climbing out of their nostrils.

YUCK!!!

jtk

Brian Tymchak
05-28-2019, 10:29 AM
Geesh Jim, where do you come up with this stuff?? :p

I think you need to spend more time in the shop!

Tom Stenzel
05-28-2019, 10:55 AM
My wife would say that is this case I'm ahead of the stying curve. The picture does remind me I have to do some trimming. Just sayin'.

:D

-Tom

Günter VögelBerg
05-28-2019, 11:59 AM
I call hoax

Frederick Skelly
05-28-2019, 12:10 PM
Looks like Gunter is mostly right. (Thank goodness!) Check out this little blurb on the history of nose hair extensions. LINK (https://toofab.com/2019/05/10/nose-hair-extensions-beauty-trend/)

Jim Koepke
05-28-2019, 1:02 PM
Geesh Jim, where do you come up with this stuff?? :p

I think you need to spend more time in the shop!

My wife sent it to me. Sometimes it is to my regret having gotten her an iPad when buying my current computer.

My shop time should be expanded. My biggest wish would be to get the wife off the couch.

I call hoax

Good call Günter!

Looks like Gunter is mostly right. (Thank goodness!) Check out this little blurb on the history of nose hair extensions. LINK (https://toofab.com/2019/05/10/nose-hair-extensions-beauty-trend/)

Thanks for the link Fred.

Would it be possible to develop an application that could work in the background with a browser and flash a big question mark over online bull pucky?

jtk

Mel Fulks
05-28-2019, 2:21 PM
Yeah, "publicity stunt". Look at shape of her mouth in the last pic, it's just as bizarre as the nose lint filter.

Frank Pratt
05-28-2019, 2:30 PM
I'm sending that link to my wife. She's always on my case about nose hair.

Roger Feeley
05-28-2019, 4:29 PM
I remember an interview in which Dustin Hoffman was asked about advice given him by older actors. He related that Alex Guinness advised him to keep his nose hair trimmed at all times. Given Hoffman's proboscis, that was good advice indeed.

Derek Meyer
05-28-2019, 4:48 PM
Years ago, when I was working at a computer shop, I helped an older gentleman who had a full gray beard and mustache. His nose hair grew straight out of his nose and into his mustache - You couldn't tell where one ended and the other began. It was all I could do not to stare at his face - I had to stare at the work order I was writing as I talked to him.

Jim Koepke
05-28-2019, 6:16 PM
It reminds me of Bob Uecker's colorful description of a player coming to bat in Major League, "he leads the league in most offensive categories including nose hair."

jtk

Ron Citerone
05-28-2019, 6:59 PM
Years ago, when I was working at a computer shop, I helped an older gentleman who had a full gray beard and mustache. His nose hair grew straight out of his nose and into his mustache - You couldn't tell where one ended and the other began. It was all I could do not to stare at his face - I had to stare at the work order I was writing as I talked to him.

Thanks for sharing! :eek:

Kev Williams
05-28-2019, 11:39 PM
Girls you'd take fly fishing?

Frank Pratt
05-29-2019, 9:45 AM
Girls you'd take fly fishing?

HAHA! There's a visual.

Rick Potter
05-29-2019, 12:53 PM
From your title I thought your new hip might have gone rogue;)