PDA

View Full Version : Buy clutch end of pipe clamps?

Jack Hovanec
05-28-2019, 8:25 AM
I bought a lot of pipe clamps from an auction. Got about a half a dozen or so missing the clutch end that slides up and down the pipe. Any clue where you can buy just the one end?
TIA
Jack

Brady Watson
05-28-2019, 9:41 AM
If they sell them separately...call Jorgensen/Pony to find out. They are very helpful. Irwin also has good customer service. I'm not sure you actually saved anything buying the ones you did... since most sell them as matched sets so the clamp pads line up.

Mike Kees
05-28-2019, 1:34 PM
Brady he did say he bought a LOT of pipe clamps, and only a half dozen need the other end.Jack why don't you just post on the classifieds,maybe someone has what you need or you could trade for something.

Jim Becker
05-28-2019, 3:03 PM
I haven't seen them ever offered separately, but agree with both Brady and Mike...check with the big players as well as become an SMC Contributor so you can put a WTB in the Classified in case folks have "orphans". Worst case...you could pick up some of the Harbor Freight version to use just the pieces you need or simply replace the ones that are not complete sets.

Lee Schierer
05-28-2019, 5:29 PM
That may be why they were at the auction....

Dave Cav
05-28-2019, 9:11 PM
Worst case...you could pick up some of the Harbor Freight version to use just the pieces you need or simply replace the ones that are not complete sets.

This. I have three or four pipe clamps that had the old Sears Craftsman trigger style sliding ends that didn't work well. The HF clutch ends work fine.