PDA

View Full Version : Can it be 50 years

James Pallas
05-27-2019, 5:21 PM
Remembering lost friends today from a long time ago. The faces are still clear in my mind but the place is far away now. Just a salute to all who served gave all and those who still are on guard protecting us all.
Jim

Jim Koepke
05-27-2019, 8:13 PM
Thanks for your service Jim.

It feels strange to wish someone a happy Memorial Day.

Maybe it should be a wish for a reverend Memorial Day. We must never forget those who sacrificed for our freedoms.

My father served in the Navy during WWII. Of my four brothers two served (one a Marine and one Navy, one was 4F, one was 4A (he was a fire fighter) and my number in the draft lottery was among the last to be drawn.

jtk

Dave Anderson NH
05-28-2019, 12:39 PM
Happy is definitely NOT the adjective to describe Memorial Day. I went to our town service yesterday morning at the town center. Later in the morning I drove to Pelham NH to visit the Moving Wall. It is tough looking at that wall and seeing the names of 26 guys I served with who made the ultimate sacrifice. 50 years ago at this time I was in the 6th Convalescent Center in Cam Ranh Bay recovering from my second medevac. Yes Jim, it is hard to believe in September 1969 I was released from active duty.