PDA

View Full Version : flat bed golf cart

Bill Carey
05-26-2019, 10:58 AM
Way back in the day I had a 1959 Dodge Power Wagon that I had removed the box from and built a flat bed on it. That truck could go anywhere. Wish I still had it but I guess I'll have to settle for this Saturday morning project I did yesterday.

Jim Becker
05-26-2019, 12:17 PM
Bill, nice execution and that's going to come in very handy as you work around your property! Had I not sold my dad's cart after he passed away, I was going to bring it north and do essentially the same thing to use it here.

Bill McNiel
05-26-2019, 1:17 PM
So you just lay your clubs flat? Don't they clank around?

Jim Becker
05-26-2019, 1:32 PM

https://sqepwq.bn.files.1drv.com/y4mBGf5R-0uPkaUaeT6LmqGRycGHHhZsv2HHth7hVzw7D42iJZ9YmRepfMW Cwp5HhlpCiQiqOB3CjuMH0jL9OsqUTh107mnscQa-E_6nOw_cktlgS2B60MbsqRvetue1MjcO3TqxfaI6zqwWpdAM4n bfpD_HucF9bpY392xukOulIpBLq4SCgFyRfm0fnerAWYb-l20hi_JarYhuGaIcyjH4g?width=381&height=400&cropmode=none

Bill Carey
05-31-2019, 10:10 AM

LOL - more like gardening tools. And grand kids. And great grand kids. My golfing days are long gone - too many shoulder injuries.

Jim Becker
05-31-2019, 10:19 AM
LOL - more like gardening tools. And grand kids. And great grand kids. My golfing days are long gone - too many shoulder injuries.

Yea, I haven't played "pasture pool" for over a decade at this point...and don't miss it.

Bill McNiel
05-31-2019, 10:58 AM

That's what I use the cart that tows behind my John deere lawn tractor. Kids love it, wife not so much especially since I adopted the stance of not going anywhere I can ride to in my lawn tractor.

Bill Carey
05-31-2019, 4:25 PM
thats right Bill - the diner, recycling center, DG, the park, pool, anywhere in town. I have head lights and brakes and turn signals and the most obnoxious horn you ever heard. stylin and profilin

Lee Schierer
05-31-2019, 7:47 PM
thats right Bill - the diner, recycling center, DG, the park, pool, anywhere in town. I have head lights and brakes and turn signals and the most obnoxious horn you ever heard. stylin and profilin

So now you need to add some chrome hubcaps or wheels and chrome trim.

Keith Outten
06-01-2019, 6:39 PM
Bill,

I really like your new flatbed cart. It makes an already versatile machine more useful. I had a golf cart at home a few years ago and I used it almost daily pulling small trailers hauling stuff around the yard. I also carried a 25 gallon water tank for my garden. I got used to having a cart at CNU when I worked in the Architects office and eventually started making signs for all of the new buildings. They are capable of doing more work than most people realize, our maintenance crews used them like small tractors.

I have an ATV now because I started trail riding in the mountains but I miss how quiet the golf cart was.

Pat Barry
06-12-2019, 3:10 PM

Was going to say I like my clubs standing up in the bag but to each his own.