PDA

View Full Version : Picture posting

Kirk (KC) Constable
12-11-2005, 7:10 AM
When I post pictures on this site, I load them up to a 'non-public' area of my site instead of uploading them to the SMC site and reference the URL. I haven't tried lately, but used to be that uploading pics here was tricky to figure out...maybe that's fixed. Some folks use photobucket (or similar), and a lot of workplace networks (like mine) block the pics. I (we) get the text, but no eye candy :). If they're uploaded to SMC or a 'private' site instead, I (we) can see them. Thought some people might not know this...

KC

Bruce Page
12-11-2005, 4:00 PM
KC,
Personally, I wish everyone would upload directly to SMC. There have been several times when I was looking for a particular pic and it was gone from the thread. The pictures are there for posterity if you upload directly onto SMC’s server. I think Keith & Aaron prefer this method also.

JMHO

Peter Stahl
12-11-2005, 7:08 PM
I agree with what Bruce said plus it does seem to be a lot easier than it used to be.

Robert Kline
12-11-2005, 9:57 PM
I just purchased nikon cool pix s 1 but this computer wont allow me to install picture hardware. because it is a govt. (d.o.d.) my question is can I directly upload pictures to smc...how??? some help would be appreciated I have lots of digital images ,bowls,a porta bar,and lots more.