PDA

View Full Version : Fiber laser training

chad shoemaker
05-16-2019, 3:47 PM
I've had my laser for 3 months now and came to the conclusion that I need official training. I live in Atlanta Ga. Does anyone know of any places that are doing training if you did not purchase laser from them? I have a Chinese laser and well, if you have a machine from china you know there is a huge communication problem. If you know of anything I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance

Scott Shepherd
05-17-2019, 8:00 AM
I'm not aware of any training available. I recently had a conversation with a guy that was struggling. My analogy was that a CO2 laser is like trying to figure out the combination on a lock with 2 digits. It's a problem that can be solved. The fiber is like trying to solve a 5 digit lock. You can have 4 of the 5 numbers right and still get a poor result. It's a very complicated set of problems to solve.

Gary Hair
05-17-2019, 10:47 AM
I've had my laser for 3 months now and came to the conclusion that I need official training. I live in Atlanta Ga. Does anyone know of any places that are doing training if you did not purchase laser from them? I have a Chinese laser and well, if you have a machine from china you know there is a huge communication problem. If you know of anything I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance

I'm in Suwanee and could possibly help you out.

Chris DeGerolamo
05-17-2019, 4:15 PM
I'm in Suwanee and could possibly help you out.

^^I would listen to this guy and say "thanks" :)

Morgan Jackson
05-17-2019, 7:41 PM
I'm not saying they WILL, but you can try. SALE lasers in San Antonio is an engraving shop and sells a chineese fiber that they put their stickers on.

They offer a couple different training courses that you pay extra for when you buy their laser. They MIGHT be willing to let you in. It is an extra fee on top of the laser.. and sometimes $ is $... ssooo... can't hurt a phone call.

chad shoemaker
05-17-2019, 10:58 PM
Gary,
I am in Auburn Ga... I have engraved some pretty cool stuff. I just know my machine is capable of so much more but it's just a figure it out kind of thing. I just purchased corell draw and that us another headache to learn. I spend hours on watching videos and trying new settings. How long have you had your machine? And what kind of business are you using it for if you don't kind me asking?

Gary Hair
05-18-2019, 7:50 AM
The dates I have had my machines are in my signature below but I have been lasering and using Corel since at least 2006. Up until about 18 months ago I was lasering whatever my customers wanted to laser, with a large number of firearms in the mix ( I was an FFL ). Now I exclusively laser anodized aluminum parts for one company. Learning the basics in Corel is fairly easy even though Corel is very complex. The portion of it we need to know as engravers is very limited even with what we might consider advanced. Auburn is only about 25 minutes from my office, let me know if you'd like to come by some afternoon and go over a few things. All of my production work is usually done by lunchtime unless we have a special project. Mondays are busiest and I usually leave early on Friday - otherwise let me know what works for you. You can email me directly instead of posting here - garyhair at Comcast dot net.

Gary,
I am in Auburn Ga... I have engraved some pretty cool stuff. I just know my machine is capable of so much more but it's just a figure it out kind of thing. I just purchased corell draw and that us another headache to learn. I spend hours on watching videos and trying new settings. How long have you had your machine? And what kind of business are you using it for if you don't kind me asking?