PDA

View Full Version : JPEG Issues

Terry Wade
05-16-2019, 3:04 PM
I just recently got a 50 BEC 50 watt fiber laser and I am in middle of getting the EZCad figured out. I have a jpeg file that doesn't import into the EZCad very well but will import into my other programs just fine, I don't know what to try next. Any suggestions?

409980409981 Where did the text and deer head go and how can I get it back?

Thanks
Terry Wade

Kev Williams
05-16-2019, 3:33 PM
it came in inverted, or EZcad inverted it-- on the left of the screen are the photo adjustment options, you have to select the pic to make them alive--- one option is invert- I'm looking at my OLD ezcad so it may be different, but if there's an 'extend' button, it's an 'extended' menu button to verify your selections--

IF you find the machine is engraving too much white space, go into the lower 'scan' -extend menu, you should find a grayscale adjustment screen-- I honestly have no idea what most of the functions, BUT, the 'disable low mark gray point' function is this: change the 0 number to 10 or 20 or whatever, it basically corresponds to the percentage of black that the laser will NOT engrave, leaving what should be un-engraved space un-engraved :)

adjust as needed--

I've made great pics, and horrible pics with the fiber... lack of playtime (and paying photo jobs) means I've had very little practice...

Scott Shepherd
05-17-2019, 8:03 AM
I'd convert it to vector and roll on. That scene with the oval and trees on the left is from a well known vector art company. Looks like it's big enough to get a good trace from. I'd auto-trace it and engrave it as vector.

Terry Wade
05-28-2019, 5:18 PM
I hit the invert button and that helped but I still have no text or rack. I tried converting to a vector and still no success. I brought the jpeg into Corel draw and did a save as and ai file without any success, I tried multiple .ai versions without getting anywhere. Any ideas?

Kev Williams
05-28-2019, 6:38 PM
weird how it only inverted part of the image, the rack is (in)visible within the oval outline, so it's all there--

Just take the original image, open in CorelPaint, invert it there, save and then put that into EzCad...

I just took a screenshot of your photo above and inverted the whole thing in CorelPaint--