PDA

View Full Version : Pt260 Planer / thicknesser set up

Filip Winiewicz
05-15-2019, 1:27 AM
Hello,
I just bought a Woodfast pt260 which is a knock off the Record pt260. It's decent quality but the boards from planer were coming out with some twist, maybe 1mm rocking on opposite corners. I tried to tune up the infeed table, then outfeed table, then both, then using some shims and in result I think its completely out of control. Would you guys tell me how to set it up from scratch? I'm not sure where should I start, would it be alligning the outfeed table with the cutter and then trying to match the infeed table? Although in German I think this video shows best the adjustment system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiMkC6UZlXk

Regards,
Filip

Michelle Rich
05-15-2019, 6:33 AM
I really never have gotten spacers under a board and thru the planer to work real well. very fussy. very annoying. time consuming chore. handplane ? hand planer?, but ultimately you'll have to have a jointer.

Filip Winiewicz
05-15-2019, 6:53 AM
Hi, this machine is combined jointer with thicknesser, what I mean I can set up is the jointer tables. I guess jointer is planer in UK.

Bradley Gray
05-15-2019, 8:37 PM
If you have a combination machine with the jointer tables above the cutterhead and the thicknesser table below the cutterhead, and you have the jointer part working properly, then here are some starting points:

Set the bed rollers .008-.010" above table

Set the infeed rollers, outfeed rollers and pressure bar all the same distance below the cutterhead, then drop the infeed 1/4 turn and the outfeed 1/2 turn.

If a board stops at the pressure bar raise it slightly.

Filip Winiewicz
05-16-2019, 2:39 AM
Sorry for still beeing not clear. The jointer tables or not set up, so setting up the jointer is my biggest problem.