PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Woodworks?

Mac McAtee
07-05-2003, 10:56 PM
I get up every Saturday morning looking forward to seeing WoodWorks with David Marks on HGTV at 7:00AM. I assume the postition this morning and there is some dufis changing the oil in an outboard boat engine. Have they killed one more of lifes little pleasures?

I am not too crazy about his designs but I do enjoy seeing the wood he uses and his techiques. Have they moved him to some other day or time slot?

Mark Hulette
07-06-2003, 6:33 AM
I did the same thing! Hope they haven't moved WW permanently but they do monkey around with the schedule now and then so maybe it's just a holiday weekend thing.

Just look at it this way- it can be helpful to know how to change the lubricant in your lower unit! :D

Byron Trantham
07-06-2003, 8:39 AM
I have access to a search service for my local cable service and did a search for Wood Works. NO LISTINGS ! I saw the same goofy program but figured it had to do with the 4th, water safety and all.

I'll go back and try other combinations to see if I can scare him up.

BTW, that search was for the next 14 days.

Dan McLaughlin
07-06-2003, 8:49 AM
Wood Works on HGTV was a "special presentation" from the DIY Network. More than likely DIY or HGTV terminated the relationship even though I think that they are both owned by the same company. Comcast just added DIY so I can still get David on DIY juist not on Saturday morning @ 7:00.

Byron Trantham
07-06-2003, 8:58 AM
I went out to the DIY site and located the next episodes of WW and looked up their air time on my local cable search site and did not find him. Looks like no more WW from our cable service. BTW I'm on the East Coast - Virginia.

Dan McLaughlin
07-06-2003, 9:12 AM
I went out to the DIY site and located the next episodes of WW and looked up their air time on my local cable search site and did not find him. Looks like no more WW from our cable service. BTW I'm on the East Coast - Virginia.

Byron- I am too - Search under DIY Wood Works not Wood Works

Byron Trantham
07-06-2003, 10:37 AM
I just did and still nothing. BTW, you are right about the DIY prefix. :mad:

Kevin Post
07-06-2003, 10:53 AM
I don't recall Wood Works ever being on HGTV. If you look at Sunday's lineup of programs on the DIY web site (http://www.diynet.com/DIY/dailyPg/0,2004,,FF.html), you'll see that Wood Works airs at least twice.

-Kevin

Carl Eyman
07-06-2003, 12:39 PM
to start an e-mail campaign to get him back. And whom would we mail. Sending the e-mail to David might give him some ammunition to influence broadcasters.

Jim Becker
07-06-2003, 1:48 PM
I don't recall Wood Works ever being on HGTV. If you look at Sunday's lineup of programs on the DIY web site (http://www.diynet.com/DIY/dailyPg/0,2004,,FF.html), you'll see that Wood Works airs at least twice.

Woodworks has been on HGTV (apparently until this last week) Saturday mornings at 7a ET for some time. It was about the ONLY excuse I ever would have to be awake that early, especially on a weekend! This was a way of promoting the DIY network on HGTV as they are owned/created/run by the same folks.

Jim DeLaney
07-06-2003, 2:12 PM
Woodworks has been on HGTV (apparently until this last week) Saturday mornings at 7a ET for some time. It was about the ONLY excuse I ever would have to be awake that early, especially on a weekend! This was a way of promoting the DIY network on HGTV as they are owned/created/run by the same folks.

I've never seen it on HGTV (7:00 am EST is 4:00 a.m. here on the left coast), but DIY (channel 230 on DirecTV) runs it twice on Saturday, at 5:00 pm and again at 9:00 pm (PDT) and also on Sunday afternoon.

Yesterday's program was a set of mahogany shelves, with laminated curved legs. Finished with Potassium Dichromate and oil.

Mark Hulette
07-06-2003, 3:16 PM
to the HGTV web site and looked at their program lineup for July and August. WoodWorks isn't listed in it's normal slot at 7am Saturday for either month although most of August is TBA in that time slot. :( :( Boy, I really hope this is just a summer hiatus and not permanent- like a lot of you I don't necessarily prefer the style of furniture he does but I sure can and have learned a lot from watching Mr. Marks.

That last show that aired here was the workshop tour- Nice

Perry Schmidt
07-07-2003, 12:01 AM
We recently got TiVo. Man, I LOVE this thing! I plug in Wood Works on the Season Pass and I never have to 'record' it again - it just does it's thing and will record them all for me.

Today I check out what it's recorded this last week (hadn't checked it in a while...) there's a couple of Wood works and a New Yankee that I can watch at my leasure...and I didn't have to setup anything or check any schedules to record them. :)

Most people that I know who have TiVo love the 'pause live TV' thing - that's nice. But I love the Season Pass. Just punch in what shows you want watched - first run and/or repeats - and it will find and record them when they're on. I never have to check a schedule again.

Technology is wonderful! :) So I can't tell you when it's on next, but I CAN tell you it was on a couple of times last week (I think they were all DIY channel recordings).

Perry

Jim Fuller
07-07-2003, 8:33 AM
And there was an outboard motor servicing show. Now no where in my workshop do I find an outboard motor, a couple of weed eaters and a chainsaw, but no outboard motor.

Seriously, I have always looked forward to David on Sat mornings as well.
I also have DIY so I went there and watched the show about the shelves with curved legs.
It was just that the morning show was at a convenient time for me to sip my coffee and relax, before starting my day.
Hope it comes back, but if not, I will record it on DIY and watch at my pleasure.

Jim Becker
07-07-2003, 8:41 AM
Hope it comes back, but if not, I will record it on DIY and watch at my pleasure.

Unfortunately, this is not possible for those of us who do not receive DIY and do not want to increase our cable bill for the sake of one channel. HGTV doesn't cost me anything extra...oh, well...

Jim Fuller
07-07-2003, 8:55 AM
Unfortunately, this is not possible for those of us who do not receive DIY and do not want to increase our cable bill for the sake of one channel. HGTV doesn't cost me anything extra...oh, well...
Well Jim,
if you want to organize an e-mail campaign to ask for it back, let me know and I will gladly e-mail HGTV and add my name.

Peter Stahl
07-07-2003, 8:57 AM
Wood Works on HGTV was a "special presentation" from the DIY Network. More than likely DIY or HGTV terminated the relationship even though I think that they are both owned by the same company. Comcast just added DIY so I can still get David on DIY juist not on Saturday morning @ 7:00.

What channel is DIY on, I have Comcast but I'm in the Swedesboro area and don't think they added it here yet. Wish Comcast would standardize most of thier channel line-up. Last time I got Digital cable hooked up I lost HGTV. Called and asked why and they said I shouldn't have gotten it the last year and half I was watching it. I took the digital cable out. The only reason I have cable is for the local sports (Flyers/Phils). Don't think there's anywhere we can email our question/complaints to HGTV about the DIY special programming of WW.

Pete

Mac McAtee
07-07-2003, 1:25 PM
[QUOTE=Perry Schmidt]We recently got TiVo. Man, I LOVE this thing!

Perry,
I think your message requires a "Gloat" warning.
Mac

Dan McLaughlin
07-07-2003, 1:45 PM
What channel is DIY on, I have Comcast but I'm in the Swedesboro area and don't think they added it here yet. Wish Comcast would standardize most of thier channel line-up. Last time I got Digital cable hooked up I lost HGTV. Called and asked why and they said I shouldn't have gotten it the last year and half I was watching it. I took the digital cable out. The only reason I have cable is for the local sports (Flyers/Phils). Don't think there's anywhere we can email our question/complaints to HGTV about the DIY special programming of WW.

Pete

Pete DIY is on 121 on Comcast which is in one of their Digital Cable packages

Randy Gleckler
07-07-2003, 1:50 PM
Saw this web page on another fourm. A bunch of people are already writing in there comments about the removal of this program. I have to. You can put generic stuff in for the Address and Phone number so you don't have to give out personal information. Hope this helps.

http://hgtv.com/hgtv/about_us/text/0,1783,HGTV_3080_4964,00.html