PDA

View Full Version : Iturra Design Bandsaw Catalog

Randall J Cox
05-10-2019, 10:58 AM
Recently on one of my posts asking Qs about bandsaw blades, someone recommended I email Louis Iturra and get a copy of his bandsaw catalog. I did, and it arrived the other day. It is an absolutely wealth of information on Bandsaws! In addition to all accessories for bandsaws for lots of different makes and models, it gives lot of technical info, puts some myths to bed, and explains how to set up and use the right way. I love reading technical articles so it was right up my alley. He explains why things happen on the bandsaw and how to fix. Lots of very detailed historical articles also on companies like Delta and Jet, Bottom line, I highly recommend emailing Iturra Design for one of his catalogs!! iturradesign@gmail.com is his email address. PS I have no financial connection to this company whatsoever, just thought it would be great info for bandsaw folks. Randy :)

Chapel Eastland
05-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Iturra Design's catalog was eye-opening for me. I bought his blade tensioning meter. Once you use it, you'll understand why the flutter and/or deflection methods fail except for the very experienced. You'll be surprised at what 15000 psi feels like and no longer guess at tension.

The meter will pay for itself with better cuts, better blade life, and better resaws.

Randall J Cox
05-10-2019, 6:13 PM
Chapel, thanks for putting me onto this catalog. I too am thinking about buying his tension guage, as I have two bandsaws. Thanks. Randy

Bruce Wrenn
05-10-2019, 8:52 PM
Recently on one of my posts asking Qs about bandsaw blades, someone recommended I email Louis Iturra and get a copy of his bandsaw catalog. I did, and it arrived the other day. It is an absolutely wealth of information on Bandsaws! In addition to all accessories for bandsaws for lots of different makes and models, it gives lot of technical info, puts some myths to bed, and explains how to set up and use the right way. I love reading technical articles so it was right up my alley. He explains why things happen on the bandsaw and how to fix. Lots of very detailed historical articles also on companies like Delta and Jet, Bottom line, I highly recommend emailing Iturra Design for one of his catalogs!! iturradesign@gmail.com is his email address. PS I have no financial connection to this company whatsoever, just thought it would be great info for bandsaw folks. Randy :)Because it costs Louis to produce and mail his catalogue, it wouldn't hurt to mail him a picture of Mr Lincoln or Mr Hamilton to help defray his costs. His catalogue is worth more than this amount.

Alex Zeller
05-10-2019, 9:58 PM
I figured when I was ready to buy a tension gauge I would get a catalog at the same time. My wife hates it but I have my literature in the bathroom. It consists of wood turning catalogs, equipment catalogs, and other useful stuff. It seams like his catalog would go nice with my collection.

Matt Day
05-10-2019, 11:34 PM
I had one about a decade ago and trashed it when I sold my 14” Delta BS. Thanks to this thread? I ordered one from Louis and I’m looking forward to getting it. Hopefully it'll be of help with my Heston & Anderson and Centauro, especially with possibly a tension gauge.

Thanks for posting OP!

Jan Smith
12-28-2019, 7:26 AM
Just got an old delta-milwaukee bandsaw and it needs some tlc so that catalog might come in handy.
Is there a pdf available to save Louis some money?
Thank you.