PDA

View Full Version : trend air sheild or air cleaner

Aaron Beaver
12-10-2005, 8:40 AM
I have seen post about the trend air sheild and from what I can tell anyone that has one likes it. Just a bit heavy but other than that it works great from what I have read. Which brings me to my questions.

Air sheild or Air cleaner: Which one would you buy first to help out me in the shop from breathing in as much dust. I have a dust collector so that gets most but some still gets away especially when sanding.

Right now I use a dusk mask +plus large safety glasses+ ear plugs, I wear glasses so the air shield would take care of two of those in one. What dust does escape I don't mind settling down on things in my shop I just don't want to breathe it, so I was wondering which might help more, maybe help my sinuses.

Thanks for any suggestions

Dick Parr
12-10-2005, 8:47 AM
The Trend Airshield is the best tool I have bought, period. After using it you will not even notice the weight. I have the D/C, Air Cleaner and of the 3 the Airshield is the best. I don't only use it for turning but any sanding in the shop and it is on.

You will notice the difference right away. Also customer service is great.

My $0.02

Good luck in your decision.

Jack Hogoboom
12-10-2005, 9:59 AM
Definitely the Air Shield. Rick Peters wrote a book on dust control in the workshop. In the book, he makes the telling comment that anything the air cleaner picks up is already circulating in your lungs....

The Trend Air Shield is a great product. You'll love it and wonder how you ever lived without it.

Jack

Dennis Peacock
12-10-2005, 10:12 AM
The Trend Air Shield..!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been through several air cleaners, dust collectors, breathing masks, DustFoe...blah, blah, blah.......
Trend Air Shield....hands down, end of story.:) :D

Earl Reid
12-10-2005, 10:42 AM
I have a air cleaner and I also use the Trend shield. The Trend works very well. I vacuum the pre filter often. I can tell when it needs to be cleaned. I also rigged up a battery pack with 3 D cells. I got the fittings at radio Shack. I get several months from a set of Batts.
I used the inner filter about a year before changing it.

Earl

Mike Cutler
12-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Aaron.
Believe it or not, we use the Trend Airshields in radiologically contaminated areas at work, for protection from airborne particles. It flat out works.
They are used in some pretty harsh enviroments, and believe me, if they didn't work, and work well, the guys would let you know in a nanosecond.

Of course we have pushed the envelope with them. One of them caught on fire when someone was grinding a pipe, and a piece of material got into the filter. The guy didn't even know it until he was done grinding and prepping the weld area. So I don't really recommend them for grinding and welding applications.:eek: ;)

Aaron Beaver
12-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions, I will order the Air Shield and breathe easier. Thanks again

Karl Laustrup
12-10-2005, 2:20 PM
Yep, that'll be the some of the best money you ever spend to help with your health while woodworking.

Karl