PDA

View Full Version : Splitter for Bridgewood BW10LTS

Ken DeMarco
07-05-2003, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know, for sure, if the Biesemeyer or any other snap in splitter works with the Bridgewood BW10-LTS. I't's getting real old removing and replacing the very weak factory splitter.
Thanks,

Ed Falis
07-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Ken,

I don't know for certain - you should probably talk to Kurt at Wilke when they get back from summer shutdown. They do sell the Bies splitter, so should have the answers. In general, the BW10LTS seems to be identical to the PM66 for things like inserts and so on.

I've got a Brett-Guard with the little splitter it comes with. I only take the splitter off for non-through cuts, and even there, if the cut shallow enough and not stopped, you can just loosen it and let it drop down lower and tighten temporarily.

- Ed

Ken DeMarco
07-06-2003, 2:44 PM
Ed,
Thanks I will ask them again, when I got the saw he was kind of vague, said it should fit. I was hoping maybe someone here had already tried it.
Thanks

Ford Beardsley
07-15-2003, 6:08 AM
Does anyone know, for sure, if the Biesemeyer or any other snap in splitter works with the Bridgewood BW10-LTS. I't's getting real old removing and replacing the very weak factory splitter.
Thanks,
Ken,

Did you ever find out if a Biesemeyer splitter would fit on you BW10-LTS?
I have the same saw and also find it time consuming to take the factory blade guard/splitter on and off.

Thanks
Ford Beardsley

Peter Kuhlman
07-15-2003, 7:57 AM
I have the Bridgewood 10LTS and purchased a Biesemeyer splitter from Wilke. They sold me one designed for the Powermatic 66. It bolts to the trunnion in two places - one to an adjustable "nut" to the side and also to the back. Wilke told me that it would require filing out a slot to work. Well, not quite true. It bolted up to the adjustable nut that is used to align the splitter to the blade with no problem although I had to use the bolt that came with the saw - not the one that came with the splitter. As to fastening it to the back, it is supposed to use the rod hole for the factory splitter but it really does not line up. Also, the splitter does not fit flush with the back of the trunnion. So, I found a longer bolt and a stack of washers in my stash and was able to make it work without any sawing or filing. I had to shim out behind the splitter with two washers to get it vertical. I used a locking type nut to prevent it from working loose - just be sure not to overtighten it or it will torque the splitter and force it out of alignment. Seems to work fine. None of the hardware - nuts and bolts - that come with the splitter were of any use. Sure would be nice if Wilke would get a splitter designed specifically for this saw.
Pete

Ford Beardsley
07-15-2003, 9:07 AM
I have the Bridgewood 10LTS and purchased a Biesemeyer splitter from Wilke. They sold me one designed for the Powermatic 66. It bolts to the trunnion in two places - one to an adjustable "nut" to the side and also to the back. Wilke told me that it would require filing out a slot to work. Well, not quite true. It bolted up to the adjustable nut that is used to align the splitter to the blade with no problem although I had to use the bolt that came with the saw - not the one that came with the splitter. As to fastening it to the back, it is supposed to use the rod hole for the factory splitter but it really does not line up. Also, the splitter does not fit flush with the back of the trunnion. So, I found a longer bolt and a stack of washers in my stash and was able to make it work without any sawing or filing. I had to shim out behind the splitter with two washers to get it vertical. I used a locking type nut to prevent it from working loose - just be sure not to overtighten it or it will torque the splitter and force it out of alignment. Seems to work fine. None of the hardware - nuts and bolts - that come with the splitter were of any use. Sure would be nice if Wilke would get a splitter designed specifically for this saw.
Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the information.

Ford

Ken DeMarco
07-16-2003, 9:18 PM
Peter,
thanks for the info, I think I will try it also. How long have you had your saw? How is it working out for you?
Thanks
Ken