PDA

View Full Version : VLS 3.6 Rotary Engraving Problem

Jeff Thorpe
05-06-2019, 11:45 AM
Hi! I'm having a problem. I am engraving cups on my rotary attachment. The first letter of the engraving is being squished, but no other part of the artwork. I've engraved a lot of stuff on the rotary and never had this problem. Has anyone else seen this and figured out what is causing it?

Thanks
Jeff

Kev Williams
05-06-2019, 12:55 PM
The "H" appears squished but hard to discern from the camera angle, but the lane "E" appears to be the same or worse- Those 2 letters look to be at the extreme left and right edges of the artwork. Not sure what's going on but it's almost as if the laser thinks the cup diameter is 1.5x actual on those 2 letters. I would wonder about something interfering with the rotary's motion but it would be unusual to affect only the extreme left and right letters... :confused:

Jeff Thorpe
05-06-2019, 3:49 PM
The "H" appears squished but hard to discern from the camera angle, but the lane "E" appears to be the same or worse- Those 2 letters look to be at the extreme left and right edges of the artwork. Not sure what's going on but it's almost as if the laser thinks the cup diameter is 1.5x actual on those 2 letters. I would wonder about something interfering with the rotary's motion but it would be unusual to affect only the extreme left and right letters... :confused:

Actually, I'm pretty sure you're right. I finally took the cover off of the rotary to check the belt and make sure nothing was interfering. The motor was hot to the touch. I left the unit unplugged for about an hour to cool off, and it ran perfect after that. Thanks for your help!