PDA

View Full Version : New shop done

JohnC Lucas
05-06-2019, 7:23 AM
I haven't turned a thing now in about 6 months. Took that long to get the old shop down, move the house and shop and get the new shop built. Now I have to start moving in. The frustration is everything is stored in the basement with the garage opening on the left side of the house. The shop is on the right side of the house so it will hall have to loaded onto a trailer, moved, unloaded, and repeat many times. I'm going to look at renting a lift gate truck this morning which might make the whole move easier because I can just fill the truck, move it and unfill it instead of the multiple trips with my small trailer.

Clark Hussey
05-06-2019, 7:25 AM
Looks great

Perry Hilbert Jr
05-06-2019, 8:22 AM
I'd love to see the pictures. (will be in a new shop myself in a year and I am looking for ideas.) but apparently I have fallen into some digital purgatory with the Saw Mill Creek computers, for I get a message that I do not have privileges to see the pictures. :mad:

John K Jordan
05-06-2019, 8:39 AM
Fantastic! I feel a road trip coming on to see first-hand. What's your ETS? (Estimated Time till Shavings?)

JKJ

I haven't turned a thing now in about 6 months. Took that long to get the old shop down, move the house and shop and get the new shop built. Now I have to start moving in. The frustration is everything is stored in the basement with the garage opening on the left side of the house. The shop is on the right side of the house so it will hall have to loaded onto a trailer, moved, unloaded, and repeat many times. I'm going to look at renting a lift gate truck this morning which might make the whole move easier because I can just fill the truck, move it and unfill it instead of the multiple trips with my small trailer.

Richard Madden
05-06-2019, 11:24 AM
Congrats on the new shop. To say I envy you would be an understatement.

Jon McElwain
05-06-2019, 11:47 AM
I'd love to see the pictures. (will be in a new shop myself in a year and I am looking for ideas.) but apparently I have fallen into some digital purgatory with the Saw Mill Creek computers, for I get a message that I do not have privileges to see the pictures. :mad:

Yes, Creek rules have changed. You must now be a contributor to view pictures.

Roger Chandler
05-06-2019, 6:54 PM
John, it looks great now, but will be even better when all the wood working equipment is properly in place. That is a truly fine work space! Your journey has made me consider looking at a metal frame building when I relocate, and build my dream shop. Let us know how that spray-in insulation does this winter.

Alex Zeller
05-06-2019, 11:52 PM
Looks good. If the liftgate idea doesn't work out maybe an engine hoist. For unloading you could back the trailer into the shop and then roll it under the trailer from the side to lift the heavy equipment up. A portable gantry crane is one of those wish list items of mine. It just seams a couple times a year I have something that I need to lift out of a truck or off a trailer.

Mick Fagan
05-07-2019, 3:18 AM
Looks very good, I see you have a log lined up for turning. :D

Mick.

Tim Janssen
05-07-2019, 11:32 PM
Wow, nice shop. I would paint the walls and ceiling white.

Tim

paul vechart
05-08-2019, 8:55 PM
Looks good John

Ken Fitzgerald
05-09-2019, 12:18 AM
Nice shop! Congratulations!

Bill Boehme
05-10-2019, 8:36 AM
Looks great, John. I'm green with envy.