PDA

View Full Version : Springtime!

Rob Luter
05-05-2019, 3:47 PM
Just chilling on the deck enjoying a warm and sunny day. Wishing my neighbor would shut off his leaf blower but I get it. I was cutting grass earlier. I have a flowering shrub whose aroma is drowning out the drone of the leaf blower.

Mel Fulks
05-05-2019, 4:01 PM
Lovely place. Is the plant a fragrant viburnum? We love those!

Lee Schierer
05-05-2019, 4:20 PM
It is mud season here. I got the lawn mower stuck four times before I decided everywhere was too wet to mow. Yo also have to stop the dog at the door every time he wants in to wash his feet. My dog can only count to three as once you let go of the third foot, he tries to take off.

Rob Luter
05-05-2019, 5:10 PM
Lovely place. Is the plant a fragrant viburnum? We love those!

Not sure. It smells great though.

Tim Bueler
05-06-2019, 10:18 AM
As a harbinger of spring, the hummingbirds returned a couple weeks ago and DW put their feeders back up. In the evening we sit on the deck and get "buzzed". Haven't had any land on us yet but they are often within arms length. I did have one land on just refilled feeder that I was still holding. Almost needed sunglasses he was so brightly colored!

Those wonderful spring aromas are still a couple weeks off here.

Rob Luter
05-06-2019, 4:49 PM
As a harbinger of spring, the hummingbirds returned a couple weeks ago and DW put their feeders back up. In the evening we sit on the deck and get "buzzed". Haven't had any land on us yet but they are often within arms length. I did have one land on just refilled feeder that I was still holding. Almost needed sunglasses he was so brightly colored!

Those wonderful spring aromas are still a couple weeks off here.

My bride hangs a couple feeders out for her “babies”. She just loves hummingbirds. We’ve had them hover at arms length trying to figure out what we are. If one landed on my wife it would be a bucket list moment for her.