PDA

View Full Version : So, are there any other gals in this place?

Carole Valentine
12-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Or am I the only old biddie around with a mouth big enough to kick up a fuss?:p

Normah Binti
12-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I am gal. I make fuss with Mr.Andy and Mr.Hartbreaker. :)

Carole Valentine
12-09-2005, 10:43 PM
ROFL!!!!! Oh good grief...now I need a new keyboard!:D:D:D

Lee DeRaud
12-09-2005, 10:48 PM
You need to get out more: all that spinny stuff is making you dizzy.:p

There's a whole bunch of gals over in the general forum and the laser forum.

Andy Hoyt
12-09-2005, 10:48 PM
<dl> <dt>One Girl to rule them all,
One Girl to find them,
One Girl to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them.</dt><dd class="author">J. R. R. Tolkien (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/J._R._R._Tolkien/), The Fellowship of the Ring, 1954, chapter 2</dd> </dl>

Lee DeRaud
12-09-2005, 10:50 PM
<DL><DT>One Girl to rule them all,
One Girl to find them,
One Girl to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them.
<DD class=author>J. R. R. Tolkien (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/J._R._R._Tolkien/), The Fellowship of the Ring, 1954, chapter 2 </DD></DL>The TOS for this forum must be kinkier than I thought.:eek:

Keith Burns
12-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey Carole, I never noticed you were female, I just think of you as a turner. And a good one at that. We just had elections for the board of our turners club, The Midsouth Woodturners Guild, 88+ members strong and guess what...two females were elected. The board then votes on the positions and we elected a female to the position of President. Another female and myself will serve as Board Members. I guess we will take up the slack.:)

Carole Valentine
12-09-2005, 11:11 PM
You need to get out more: all that spinny stuff is making you dizzy.:p

There's a whole bunch of gals over in the general forum and the laser forum.

Well they don't know what they're missing, but that's OK, they can stay over there. I can handle you guys by myself!:D

Carole Valentine
12-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Hey Carole, I never noticed you were female, I just think of you as a turner.

Hmmm...guess I need to go to Glamour Shots and update my avitar! :p

Mark Singer
12-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Carole,
What your a gal....really?....I better change my vote....be right back:confused:

Jerry Clark
12-09-2005, 11:47 PM
And here, I thought you were one of the guys, with a "Boy named Sue" name!:cool: Guess we will have to keep you now!:D

Barbara Gill
12-10-2005, 4:34 AM
Yep, I check in sometimes.

Chris Barton
12-10-2005, 8:30 AM
Oh, plenty of puns came to mind here, mostly ones that would portray men as the lowly beasts we are but, I won't use them. In my area there are many turning ladies but, few that seem to want to share online...

John Hart
12-10-2005, 8:40 AM
I think there are lots of gals in here....readers mostly, with the occasional post. Normah Binti just comes here to complain but we put up with it because she is so foxy!!;)
But Carole....You seem to be the most active. Personally, I look forward to your posts......A quick jab in the ribs with that nice smile of yours! :)

Andy Hoyt
12-10-2005, 9:33 AM
Oh, plenty of puns came to mind here, mostly ones that would portray men as the lowly beasts we are but, I won't use them. In my area there are many turning ladies but, few that seem to want to share online...

Hmmm - Chris - I find it very interesting that you've chosen this thread to post a new avatar. Especially one that's all polished up and with you in your Sunday best on. I'd never stoop that low to curry favor.:D

Carole Valentine
12-10-2005, 9:42 AM
Yep, I check in sometimes.

And you haven't found any ax murderers in the closet yet have you, Barb? :eek::D

Lee DeRaud
12-10-2005, 10:53 AM
And you haven't found any ax murderers in the closet yet have you, Barb? :eek::DI think the ax murderers are all over on the neanderthal forum: most of us prefer power tools.:D

"No, Mister Bond: I expect you to die!!" :eek:

John Hart
12-10-2005, 12:23 PM
...I'd never stoop that low to curry favor.:D

Nice tie Andy. Getting ready for the weddin'?:D

Andy Hoyt
12-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Nice tie Andy. Getting ready for the weddin'?:D

Yeah! But I dunno where Normah got off to.

Jim Dunn
12-10-2005, 1:11 PM
Wow you guy's gots' women here. I may have to visit more often:) Course I don't know anything about turning, but I do have a lathe. Maybe somebody can teach me?

Jim

John Hart
12-10-2005, 1:12 PM
Yeah! But I dunno where Normah got off to.

Probably off guttin' fish or something

John Hart
12-10-2005, 1:13 PM
Wow you guy's gots' women here. I may have to visit more often:) Course I don't know anything about turning, but I do have a lathe. Maybe somebody can teach me?

Jim

Jim...What a crime!!! You really need to crank that thing up!! You got questions....We got answers! ;) :)

Carole Valentine
12-10-2005, 1:57 PM
John! Where's your tie??? You're letting Andy and Chris get ahead of you! Who knows...that might even entice Normah to leave the fish guts for another day.:D

Carole Valentine
12-10-2005, 1:59 PM

Jim
Now that's a face anyone could love! At least I think it is...don't have my magnifying glass! No tie necessary.:)

Carole Valentine
12-10-2005, 2:01 PM
there are many turning ladies but, few that seem to want to share online... It's the ax murderers, Chris...they make us nervous. I'm just counting on my chain saw being bigger than their ax!:p Nice tie!

Barbara Gill
12-10-2005, 5:55 PM
And you haven't found any ax murderers in the closet yet have you, Barb? :eek::D

Shoot I never worried about woodworkers. It was those BBQ people. LOL:D

Chris Barton
12-10-2005, 7:25 PM
OK, so I will loose the tie and turn back the avatar time machine 25 years worth...

John Hart
12-10-2005, 7:51 PM
OK, so I will loose the tie and turn back the avatar time machine 25 years worth...

Ahhhh...the ol' "Hello Ladies...I'm a young Doctor" approach. Don't forget Chris...Andy has dead fish that they can gut....Beat that! ;)

Carole Valentine
12-10-2005, 8:01 PM
Shoot I never worried about woodworkers. It was those BBQ people. LOL:D

I don't think I would trust them either! I've watched them chop up that BBQ with those meat cleavers!:eek:

Chris Barton
12-10-2005, 8:22 PM
Ahhhh...the ol' "Hello Ladies...I'm a young Doctor" approach. Don't forget Chris...Andy has dead fish that they can gut....Beat that! ;)

That Andy, he has that special something... I tried rubbing fish all over me like a perfume but, now I got his cat problem...

Jim Dunn
12-10-2005, 8:48 PM
Just so nobody confuses me with an Ax Killer I changed my pic. Now I look like something scarier I think.

John I may take you up on that turning deal. I've have done a little metal spinning in my life, but holding a tool to cut something just goes against my "grain".

Andy Hoyt
12-10-2005, 10:29 PM

Well. Now that Carole has hit the big time with her IBC major award, I guess we can all get back to being ourselves again.

Chris - you can play doctor and I guess I'll have to play the patient

Colleen Devine
12-11-2005, 8:59 AM
...and enjoy the jabs and banter on a daily basis. Thank you all for your laugh-out-loud posts! And thank you for all that I've learned here, as well.

Regards,
Colleen

PS. Have made small fuss via e-mail with Mr. Hartbreaker.

John Hart
12-11-2005, 9:10 AM
....PS. Have made small fuss via e-mail with Mr. Hartbreaker.

I was wondering if you'd chime in Colleen!! Very cool indeed. Maybe we'll see more of you???

Ernie Nyvall
12-11-2005, 9:31 AM
I don't think I would trust them either! I've watched them chop up that BBQ with those meat cleavers!:eek:

Funny you and Barbara mention BBQ. I go to Dallas from time to time on back roads through the woods. There is a little shack of a BBQ place with a cemetery surrounding in on three sides. I'e never stopped in. Something about that setting doesn't rouse my appetite.:eek: Ever heard of the Texas chainsaw thing?:eek: :eek:

Ernie

Carole Valentine
12-11-2005, 9:37 AM
...and enjoy the jabs and banter on a daily basis. Thank you all for your laugh-out-loud posts! And thank you for all that I've learned here, as well.

Regards,
Colleen

PS. Have made small fuss via e-mail with Mr. Hartbreaker.

Well Colleen, jump right in! The water's fine and the more the merrier!:D

Lee DeRaud
12-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Funny you and Barbara mention BBQ. I go to Dallas from time to time on back roads through the woods. There is a little shack of a BBQ place with a cemetery surrounding in on three sides. I'e never stopped in. Something about that setting doesn't rouse my appetite.:eek:Sounds like one of my favorite funny horror movies: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081184/

"Meat's meat, and a man's gotta eat!"

"It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent fritters!"

Bill Stevener
12-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Carole, just thought I would run this one up again. There was a gall that would stop by now and again, Dawn Sunkle. Don't know what she's up to lately, hasn't posted in a while.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>:)