PDA

View Full Version : Favorite source of wholesale supplies

Trevor HinzeNE
05-02-2019, 11:10 AM
With the recent addition of a fiber laser I am searching for some supplies, specifically metallic tags/plates, etc to engrave on. I am curious as to everyone's favorite source of materials. I have placed some orders with chewbarka.com.....great quality stuff BTW but I am interested in finding at least one more good source for metal tags/plates. I have a LLC so setting up a wholesale account/proving business exists is no problem. I do buy some full sheets of rowmark material but I am more interested in finished "blanks" Thanks in advance!!!!

Clark Hussey
05-02-2019, 1:26 PM
Have you looked at Johnson Plastics?

Kev Williams
05-02-2019, 7:20 PM
For industrial stuff, check out McMaster-Carr

Tony Lenkic
05-02-2019, 8:10 PM
Try these places,

IDPlates, Inland products , Engraving Specialties

Trevor HinzeNE
05-03-2019, 8:48 AM
For industrial stuff, check out McMaster-Carr
They do have a nice selection, prices arent super but I know that their service and shipping are top notch. We use them at work all the time, surprised I did not think to look there. Thanks!

Trevor HinzeNE
05-03-2019, 8:49 AM
Try these places,

IDPlates, Inland products , Engraving Specialties
Those are 3 names I had not heard before. I will check them all out right now. Thanks!

Kev Williams
05-04-2019, 12:11 AM
Another place to try for anything metal -- google 'sheet metal shops near me'--

the ONLY metal I don't buy from "my" two sheet metal shops are brass name badges, which I get from Engraving Specialties, and trophy metals which I get from Marco (who has a warehouse 5 miles from me)

my 2 shops: one deals mostly in stainless, but brass and aluminum too-- I can get from 1 to 200+ of most any SS Id plates made up how I want them within 1-2 days, all cut and finished by hand as they have no laser, plasma or waterjet... I also engrave for them, usually 1-2 days... ;)

My other shop is a full-on cutting and fabrication shop, been getting aluminum there since the '70's, these days they have 4000w C02 and 3000w fiber lasers, just got a robot laser welder... they deal in mostly aluminum but I do get SS from them occasionally as they laser cut everything these days. They make up all aluminum operator panels I build. I also engrave for them, too... :)

Getting in good with these 2 shops is a big reason for our success over the years. While the internet rules these days for basic sales, it can't complete with the local talent :D

Tony Lenkic
05-05-2019, 10:12 AM
OK I will let the cat out of bag.........

MCmater Carr represents CH Hanson tag manufacturer. CH Hanson will not sell to you direct but has a network of distributors.

For best pricing when buying in a volume check out ...........Tooldiscounter.com.
On main page look for "Shop by mfg." than select CH Hanson from the list. Tags start from page 21.

Kev, this will be good source for your shop.

Kev Williams
05-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Thanks Tony, that site will keep me busy for awhile! :D

Trevor HinzeNE
05-06-2019, 9:18 AM
Thanks for the info. Your secret is safe with me!

Trevor HinzeNE
05-06-2019, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the link Tony. Although you have to order massive quantities of those tags the prices sure are a lot better than buying them one at a time from McMaster. Thanks again for the heads up!