PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit

Rod Sheridan
05-01-2019, 8:33 PM
I was working at our Earth Station in Virginia and Jeff Bartley invited me to his house for dinner, and to see his shop.

I met his lovely wife and children and toured his shop. Nothing to see there, just some weird stuff like a Northfield jointer, Oliver saw and a great Aggazzani band saw :D

We had a wonderful visit and I have to admit that I stayed far later than planned, so late that his wife Anna went to bed. In true Creeker fashion at that point we had solved all the problems in the world.

To make up for that late exit I invited Jeff to the Earth Station for a tour, here's a photo of us in the antenna farm ( Jeff is the handsome one on the left).

Jeff, thanks for the hospitality, it was so nice to meet you............Regards, Rod.

Jeff Bartley
05-01-2019, 9:39 PM
It was sure great to meet you as well Rod and we enjoyed your company!

And folks, I must say that Rod is a first-class gentleman: he brought us a bottle of maple syrup and a bouquet of flowers for my wife; it made her day.

Thanks also for the tour today, that facility is really really neat. I had no idea what goes on there.

I'll look forward to another visit in the future Rod!

Matt Day
05-01-2019, 9:48 PM
Jeff, is that the facility that we called the Deathstar that you can see off the West side of Reddish Knob? I can’t recall the exact trail that falls off into WVa.

Sounds like you guys had a good visit!

Jeff Bartley
05-01-2019, 10:56 PM
No, that's the (now decommissioned) naval communication facility. It used really low frequency to send communications literally through the earth to submerged subs......or so I've been told. The trail that drops into WV is called Deathstar.

As neat as communicating with subs sounds the work that Rod and company perform is much more interesting; rocket launches, satellites, incredible power generating setups.

It was indeed a good visit! When are you gonna visit the valley Matt?

Matt Day
05-02-2019, 7:03 AM
interesting. That place was huge! Hard to believe it’s closed with all the money that was spent there.

Rockets sound more fun though!

I’ll be there one of these years!

Jim Becker
05-02-2019, 8:03 PM
'Creeker visits are da best!! 'Glad you had a good one!