PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Pro

vic casware
05-01-2019, 6:30 PM
Hi Everyone,
Is it too early to ask if anyone has bought or has looked at the new Epilog Fusion Pro?
The specs look impressive as they always do, it's the reality i'm interested in.

Scott Shepherd
05-01-2019, 9:46 PM
I’d be very hesitant to be an early adopter of a brand new model. There’s a history of early adopters and the issues from previous models. I’d let then get the bugs worked out before buying ANY brand new model from any company.

jon stevenson
05-13-2019, 10:25 PM
Also curious to hear a review. I may cancel my speedy 400 order and looking for alternatives.

Kev Williams
05-13-2019, 11:22 PM
Not many viable alternatives to a Speedy 400... :)

Well, maybe one, but then I'm biased :D

vic casware
05-14-2019, 6:07 PM
There is a machine show here next week i might take a look at the Trotec R500

Kev Williams
05-14-2019, 10:01 PM
Trotec R500... Now that there machine is an enigma- ??

You can get a 60w DC,
or a 100w DC,
or a 60w Ceramicore RF,
or a 100w DC AND a 60w RF... but why only 60 watts?
And the 1 meter per second speed, I can make my Triumph go that fast...

In other words, it's a built like a tank Chinese machine... I can only hope it's cheaper than any of the Speedy's...?

Vic-- Google LS1000XP and watch the SGIA video...

(like I said, I'm biased :) )

Mike Null
05-15-2019, 11:49 AM
Kev
Don't confuse the Rayjet R500 with the Trotec Speedy 500. They are different machines.

Kev Williams
05-15-2019, 4:27 PM
oh, I'm not confused, just a bit confounded ;) -I wasn't aware Trotec made a BMW-version of a Chinese machine!

I suppose the 60w RF is plenty for engraving purposes, add the 100w DC and it'll be a nice unit- too bad the 'fusion' name is taken! :D

-- um- is it controlled like an RF machine, or like a typical DC machine? If all the tweaks are done via firmware rather than the trial/error method, that would be really cool..

jon stevenson
05-15-2019, 10:45 PM
I am happy to report Trotec made things right with my order so I am pleased that it is still going to find a spot in my home. I can’t lie though that Fusion Pro 48 does look like a great machine.

Gary Hair
05-16-2019, 7:10 AM
So Epilog finally caught up to Trotec for acceleration, it's about time! One thing about speed - Trotec has a max of about 139 ips vs 165 for the Epilog. Unfortunately neither one will really make much difference in the real world. I have almost no material that I run at full speed so it really makes no difference between 139 and 165 other than bragging rights. The important number is the acceleration - 5g means you have the most opportunity to get up to speed in short distance so you can truly decrease engraving times significantly. I'm betting if you run a job on my Trotec and the same job on an Epilog, the times won't be much different between them now that Epilog has 5g acceleration.

I am happy to report Trotec made things right with my order so I am pleased that it is still going to find a spot in my home. I can’t lie though that Fusion Pro 48 does look like a great machine.

Josh Barclay
05-16-2019, 8:51 AM
I was at the ISA show in Vegas, and Trotec told me the speedy 400 is now 170 IPS. The 300 and 360 are still 140.

The camera system on the new Epilog is interesting though, I am wondering how accurate it is.

Gary Hair
05-16-2019, 9:58 AM
I guess it depends on where you look on the Trotec website. On the Speedy page it lists 4.2m/sec which converts to 165ips, I'm pretty sure I saw 3.5m/sec elsewhere which is where I got the ~139 number. Either way, 139 or 165, those numbers are meaningless on narrow jobs or anything where you don't have enough room to get up to full speed. 3.5G acceleration makes that a very small distance, but it's still a factor.

I was at the ISA show in Vegas, and Trotec told me the speedy 400 is now 170 IPS. The 300 and 360 are still 140.

The camera system on the new Epilog is interesting though, I am wondering how accurate it is.

Gary Hair
05-16-2019, 9:59 AM
It's working really well for Glowforge...

jon stevenson
05-16-2019, 11:18 AM
The 165 IPS speedys are only the new 2019-400 models rolling out of the factory as we speak, AFAIK. The 2 huge bonus of the epilog in my mind were the bed size or 48x36 which means less stripping of materials and the camera system looks great, for now the rep told me it is solely for positioning your art work on the substrate but by fall it will be upgraded to read the registration marks, pretty nice as this an expensive option in the trotec.

vic casware
09-23-2019, 11:12 PM
Well, I pushed the GoGo button, should be 6 to 8 weeks until the Beast arrives (Tim Allen Grunt)
120w Fusion Pro 48, now i just need heaps more work to pay for it.
Anyone here got one yet?

Brandon Caldwell
02-06-2020, 5:46 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'd rather do that than clutter up the main page with more--

Has anyone had experience with the Fusion Pro 48? I'll be going to the Vegas show and need to decide between Trotec and Epilog; I have the Epilog Fusion 50W but need to upgrade. I get the differences between Trotec and the rivalry that exists between them (though the rivalry seems to be perpetuated by enthusiastic customers as opposed to the companies themselves) and just want to hear how the Fusion Pro is working for you/what you've heard. Thanks in advance, I will really appreciate any advice.

vic casware
02-09-2020, 4:04 PM
Hi Brandon,
I have had my Fusion Pro 120 running nicely for the past 4 weeks
the difference between the old Fusion and this one is amazing
the speed is crazy, the cameras are great when setting up those hard
to position jobs and the power is nuts, i'm cutting 13mm acrylic
at 3x the speed of the old fusion, there is a Fusion Owners face book page too
(hope it's okay to mention that) lots of great feedback and comments there.
So far so good and totally no regrets.

Justin Harrington
02-11-2020, 11:57 PM
We recently installed a Fusion Pro 48 120watt. Awesome machine!
I run 2 X EXT 32's a 50 watt and a 75 watt, they've been absolute work horses over the years. I've also got a older Trotec TP1313 with a 100 watt Synrad tube, I've used it almost exclusively for cutting acrylic up to 25mm thick with amazing results but it's dog slow when it comes to engraving.
The new Fusion Pro 48 really has changed the game for us. The camera system is super accurate and makes positioning an absolute dream. The increase in engraving and cutting speed is astonishing over the older EXT's. We're cutting acrylic and MDF at over 3 times the speed. The larger bed size is great but when it comes to working on smaller pieces of material or items I find it easier to set ip in the EXT's as the stretch across the machine bed of the Fusion Pro 48 is a loooong way.
So only been running the Fusion Pro 48 for 3 weeks now but so far so good and the job control software has made quoting and output much more efficient.

Brandon Caldwell
02-12-2020, 2:36 PM
I really appreciate the replies on this; good to hear that the Fusion Pro has had a really strong start. Will probably have to get this in Vegas this year.

Sarah Fischer
04-02-2020, 4:16 PM
Hi Brandon,
I have had my Fusion Pro 120 running nicely for the past 4 weeks
the difference between the old Fusion and this one is amazing
the speed is crazy, the cameras are great when setting up those hard
to position jobs and the power is nuts, i'm cutting 13mm acrylic
at 3x the speed of the old fusion, there is a Fusion Owners face book page too
(hope it's okay to mention that) lots of great feedback and comments there.
So far so good and totally no regrets.

I am having a VERY difficult time deciding between the Fusion 48 and Speedy 400. Now that you have been running yours for a little bit, do you find distortion issues with work along the outer edges of the machine? I can't find any real-user info on this potential issue that has been brought up to me. I like the idea of the camera, Epilog's software interface and larger bed size but don't want to be getting too excited if there are some issues I can't see due to it being such a new model.

vic casware
04-08-2020, 7:10 PM
Hi Sarah, Sorry it took so long for the reply
i am so used to coming here every day when i'm at work
but since i've been at home i forget to check,
I haven't had any issues with distortion (touch wood).
The Face book page is really interesting with people having different issues
all be it small amount of issues they seem to be 1 offs and very random.
For me the Table size, speed and camera's are the main positives over the Trotec
but i haven't seen one running so just my opinion, and the price especially in NZ was a huge plus.

Sarah Fischer
04-15-2020, 2:48 PM
Hi Sarah, Sorry it took so long for the reply
i am so used to coming here every day when i'm at work
but since i've been at home i forget to check,
I haven't had any issues with distortion (touch wood).
The Face book page is really interesting with people having different issues
all be it small amount of issues they seem to be 1 offs and very random.
For me the Table size, speed and camera's are the main positives over the Trotec
but i haven't seen one running so just my opinion, and the price especially in NZ was a huge plus.

Somehow I missed that you had replied! This quarantine is throwing everyone off. Thank you for the information. I am about to bite the bullet and give out my money... I think I am going to go with the Fusion. The camera system is really intriguing and the larger bed size is convincing me... then I start second guessing when I start reading all the pro-trotec threads. I am just nervous to push “Go” because the price is so high and I am afraid I will choose wrong. But it helps to hear a “real” person promoting the new Fusion so thank you

mike wallis
05-23-2020, 4:43 PM
Somehow I missed that you had replied! This quarantine is throwing everyone off. Thank you for the information. I am about to bite the bullet and give out my money... I think I am going to go with the Fusion. The camera system is really intriguing and the larger bed size is convincing me... then I start second guessing when I start reading all the pro-trotec threads. I am just nervous to push “Go” because the price is so high and I am afraid I will choose wrong. But it helps to hear a “real” person promoting the new Fusion so thank you

Sarah,
I have owned Epilog's and Trotec since 2004. One very important thing I would check before you make the purchase is how much parts cost for wearable items. Lens, Motors, laser tubes, belts and even mainboards are common to go out on these lasers. Give each manufacture a call and ask how much each of these parts would cost. I've found that Epilog is reasonably priced for their replacement parts where Trotec seems to be excessively marked up. For instance a a replacement 2.0" lens for my Epilog was $150 whereas a replacement for My Trotec was $295. I found out where Trotec get's their lenes and order the exact same lens for $28.00, performed perfectly. Another example is I just got a replacement motor for my Trotec Speedy 300, It cost $1145, YES $1145! My Epilog motor was in the $300 range. I would recommend doing your home work and give them a call.