PDA

View Full Version : Air compressor and Exhaust Fan recommendation for Trotec SP500 150W

Byron Lu
05-01-2019, 4:04 PM
Hello all experienced Trotec users,
I am getting a new SP500 150 49"x28" machine, mainly for cutting 1/2" plywood. I'm planning to put in into my residential garage and extract the smoke/fume to the open air outside of the garage.
Can you suggest any working air compressor and exhaust fan for it? THank.

Kev Williams
05-02-2019, 1:06 AM
Depending on how much air you need, and I'll assume plenty, this 60 gallon Husky compressor Home Depot sells is the best bang for the buck out there, cheaper even than HF's similar machine-

155 max PSI, it works very well, 7 minutes from empty to shutoff, good recovery, and it's QUIET for a large compressor. Actually, it's quiet for ANY compressor. You may think you don't need one that big, but when you find out all you can do with them, you'll wonder what you ever did without it :)

Blower for that big machine, the BIG harbor freight blower...

I've had one for over 15 years, runs nearly daily, I actually use it as a central vac for sucking up the engraving chips on all my tool machines. I just yesterday teed off of the vent line to suck smoke from my ebay1 fiber laser I moved downstairs, until yesterday I wasn't really aware of how much air that thing moves as it's always run nearly closed off- I have 3 of the small HF blowers and I swear by them, but the larger one, even at 15 years old AND connected to the collection bag, moves a TON more air than the smaller ones. If you ever get a second machine, this will pull smoke from both easily...

Byron Lu
05-02-2019, 2:34 AM
Thank you Kev for the reply. I will check out husky then. Currently I use one blower from HFT which is 13 gallon dust collector with 660 CFM air flow on one CO2 machine. Maybe the same blower enough for Trotec SP500?

Oddly I could not see your jpgs as it said "I do not have enough permissions". Weird.

Mike Null
05-02-2019, 8:10 AM
Byron

In order to see photos you must be a contributor. That can be as little as $6.00 per year.

I'm a fan of inline blowers and would advise against a dust collector as I would be concerned it may be a fire hazard in your application.