PDA

View Full Version : A new shop accessory helps with housekeeping

Tom Bender
05-01-2019, 7:45 AM
Added to my basement shop one of those big paper leaf bags. Into it go floor sweepings, TS dust bin, small scraps of wood, DC contents, sometimes bits of paper, anything that will make reasonable compost. This makes it easier to get rid of small offcuts, instead of waffling and saving too many. Things held down in the bag can be thumped to remove dust and it is contained pretty well. Have filled two in about 8 months.

David M Peters
05-01-2019, 12:15 PM
A Leaf Chute (https://leafeasy.com/) turns that bag into a pretty capable trash can!

Brian Tymchak
05-10-2019, 9:44 AM
I use those paper yard bags directly on my dust collector. Just need to be careful about monitoring as they get full.

Carl Beckett
05-11-2019, 7:31 AM
You know.... I have a widebelt on my DC and when emptying the bin I take it outside and there is still a lot of airborne dust exposure. Makes me think of all the work to collect the dust, but then suck a bunch into the lungs when emptying.

Not only would these bags be more convenient, they would reduce my overall exposure (which is the entire point of the DC anyway). I like it and am going to try it out.