PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
04-29-2019, 5:12 AM
29 Apr 2019

Greetings,
The back is improving and I'm liking that. :)
This weekend, we worked and helped with the annual "Fishin' For A Mission" fishing tournament to raise money for 2 area charities. This year was for a charity in our hometown and a charity in a city about 55 miles away. We had 53 boats with teams and we weighed in a total of 574.77 pounds of bass. All fish were turned back over to the Game and Fish Commission for release back into the river. We gave away over $3,000 in cash and prizes to those that fished in the tournament and the remaining money was split between the 2 charities....about $3500 each. One of the charities was an organization that takes care of special needs kids. We also held a "fishing challenge" for all kids 12 and under. Everything was supplied by us to the kids and gifts and prizes were given to each kid that came and fished.
Now The LOML and I just need to find time to rest. :)

Well, that's it for me...so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Becker
04-29-2019, 8:55 AM
'Glad you are feeling better, Dennis!

The past week I worked on the "bunny gate" project as well as assembled my cyclone bin sensor...the latter thanks to Larry and Rod's efforts as posted in a sticky at the top of the Workshops forum area. On the weekend, I decided to consolidate some of my sound reinforcement equipment in a single small cabinet and put it to use after a few decades in storage. This is something I've been meaning to do for a long time now as my keyboard has been languishing with just a makeshift amplified computer speaker system and we have a summer house guest coming that plays, too. As part of this, a bunch of things that were taking up space on the loft were moved to storage, moved to donation collection or moved to the trash can. Wow...that area hasn't been so bare...ever. LOL

Sneak peak of the "bunny gate"...

Audio gear assembly...
408910 408911

End result with a few more things to tweak...it will be nice having "full sound" again as I think I need to get back to playing a lot more now that I actually have time.

This week will be finishing up the "Bunny Gate" and subsequent cleanup, lawn mowing, "hopefully" getting my new vehicle delivery and maybe the start of a new project or two.

Lisa Starr
04-29-2019, 12:13 PM
Dennis - it is good to hear your back is improving. Hurting sucks!

Jim - what a cute gate. It would look great in my yard :)

As for me, I'm trying to finish up our living room windows. I've had the jamb extensions built for some time, but needed to set each one into the appropriate opening, shim to correct height and scribe to wall. I then take each one to the workshop, plane to the scribe line and attach a sill nose. Once I'm happy with the fit, it goes to my hubby for paint. I got 4 done over the weekend, and finished the last one up this morning. Also mowed the yard yesterday, as the whole week has rain in it and I didn't want it to get ahead of me (as it usually is).

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Jay Larson
04-29-2019, 12:56 PM
No woodworking for me this last week. More cleaning. My fiance returned on Saturday, so I spent time cleaning the house to 'her' spcifications. Must have done pretty good, as she only complained about the laundry room. :rolleyes:

I had the plasterers in on Wed and Thur to do the basement addition. Then yesterday I got the whole thing sprayed with primer. After that was dry, I added some sound insulation to the ceiling in my 'music appreciation' room. A room specifically for listening to my audio equipment. Two turntables, two reel to reels, several amps and a couple of sets of speakers. Along with the multitudes of source material.

Bruce Wrenn
04-29-2019, 8:59 PM
Wife and I did a nice little day trip today for our 41st wedding anniversary (today.) Had kids over tonight to go over our funeral plans and wills. Another thing off our "have to do list."

Chris Hachet
04-30-2019, 7:56 AM
Turned several bowls, made progress on some woodworking side jobs I am doing. Paid the family budget back for auction fees for equipment I purchased.