PDA

View Full Version : Bush oil

Rich Stewart
12-09-2005, 3:20 PM
Has anybody heard anymore about that Bush oil that Bill was talking about several weeks ago? I still can't find any ordering info on it.

John Hart
12-10-2005, 8:47 AM
Hey...Rich has an avatar! Nice to meet you Rich!

Here's a source. Don't know anything about them though http://www.lakeshorehardwoods.com/contact.htm

http://www.lakeshorehardwoods.com/images/Bush%20Oil.jpg

Mark Singer
12-10-2005, 9:39 AM
I heard about that stuff....Is that why we are still in Iraq:confused:

John Hart
12-10-2005, 9:47 AM
I heard about that stuff....Is that why we are still in Iraq:confused:

Heh heh...when I did the search for Bush Oil....All the hits had to do with the war. I had to search on Wood-Finish-Oil-Bush to get any relevant hits.:rolleyes:

Mark Singer
12-10-2005, 9:56 AM
John,
It looks like its about the same price as the stuff I am putting in my lumber hauler....I bet its the same stuff:eek:

Jack Savona
12-10-2005, 10:03 PM
I've been using Bush Oil for over a year...and love it!!! It is now my finish of choice. It's as thick as BLO (that's its base). I wipe it on the finished piece liberally, wait 30 min and wipe it all off. Then I take a clean paper towel and wipe it again. Three apps, a day apart, followed by curing for min. 72 hours and then all 3 Beall buffs.

I picked up a quart of Bush Oil at the Albany Totally Turning show in '04, liked it so much I bought a gallon at this year's show. A week later I saw all sizes - pints to gallons - in stock at my local Woodcraft in Portsmouth, NH.

If you can't find it, try emailing this address for info: finishingkit@aol.com. It was a valid email address last spring when I had a question about the product.

Rich Stewart
12-11-2005, 2:03 AM
Thanks fellas. I think I'll give it a try. I'll let you know how I like it when I get some.

Joseph N. Myers
12-11-2005, 7:03 PM
I bought their starter kit ($30) at the Ft Washington show today and plan on using it on a project before the end of the year - will let you know. Spent a lot of time with the owner and his brother (slow day) who said that he invented it to replace Watco that had gone downhill when it was sold to Minwax. Boy, the sample really looked great.

Regards, Joe