PDA

View Full Version : Latest

Rich Stewart
12-09-2005, 2:47 PM
Here is my latest turning. Thought it might make a nice gift. It is a maple box about four inches tall and 2 inch diameter with a picture frame insert in the top. The picture came with the frame. Nobody I know. Lousy photography as usual. Need a new camera. The bowl is from a piece of Alaskan birch. Everything finished with danish oil and buffed.

Ron Ainge
12-09-2005, 4:40 PM
I like your box and I especially like the picture ring inset in the top. I think that I might use that idea in a piece I am going to make, if that is alright with you if I steal your idea>

Keith Burns
12-09-2005, 4:57 PM
Very nice pieces Rich. Great form and finish on both.:) :)

Dick Parr
12-09-2005, 5:45 PM
Those are really nice Rich. I love the bowl and like the idea of the picture on the box.

Great job.

John Miliunas
12-09-2005, 6:36 PM
Nice job on both pieces, Rich and, as the others have indicated, cool idea for the picture frame inset!:) Beautiful Maple, BTW!:) :cool:

John Hart
12-09-2005, 7:16 PM
Nicely done on both Rich. I especially like the bowl!! That's some awesome looking wood. Your finish is very nice as well. :) :)

Bill Stevener
12-09-2005, 9:05 PM
Hi Rich,

I like both pieces, very nice.

Looks like the dime thing is hear to stay, must have become a status symbol. :D

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Rich Stewart
12-10-2005, 1:41 AM
Thanks fellas. I appreciate the replies. Ron, feel free to use it if you want. Those frames are pretty cheap. $1.80 each and cheaper if you buy more. I think I got them at woodcraft. Look under clock inserts and fitups in the project supply section. They have two sizes.

I got two pretty big hunks of that Alaskan birch. I like working with it. Has some real pretty marbling inside, turns nice. Seems like real hard wood but cuts nice. Had some nice shavings flying off it. I still have enough for a deep bowl and a shallow bowl, plus what I hope will be a nice vase like thing.

Lol Bill, I had the dime there for the itty bitty contest and it stayed for these shots too.

Chris Barton
12-10-2005, 8:34 AM
Great small pieces which, has a special place around this board as you may have noticed...