PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Guys - New IR Compressor Coming

Mike Deschler
12-09-2005, 1:29 PM
Thanks guys for the comments and help I received a couple of weeks ago from you on this board. I ordered an OEM version of an Ingersoll Rand 5hp/60 air compressor and managed to get it before this weeks price increase went into effect. Picked it up for $1039.99 icluding freight. Best deal I could find on an OEM version Quincy was over $300 more. Oh well, Big Tan will look good in my shop and I am sure will serve me well. Will post pic's when it comes via motor freight.

Thanks again

Mike

tod evans
12-09-2005, 1:46 PM
mike congratulations on the new rig! ir is good stuff and you got a fair price. tod

martyphee
12-09-2005, 2:03 PM
To say Quincy was $300 doesn't mean a hole lot. This is a pet peeve of mine. Are you comparing apples to apples?

There's big differences between an IR at $1000 and a Quincy QT-5 at $1400 (delivered).

Mike Deschler
12-09-2005, 3:19 PM
To say Quincy was $300 doesn't mean a hole lot. This is a pet peeve of mine. Are you comparing apples to apples?

There's big differences between an IR at $1000 and a Quincy QT-5 at $1400 (delivered).

I am sorry to upset you but here goes:

1. Check your spelling, that is my pet peeve.

2. A Quincy KTV-5-60E was quoted at $1391 plus $90 for freight. The QT-5 is not same as commercial version.

3. The I.R. 2340L5 Type 30 was purchased for $1039.99 including freight.

4. Want to buy a three year old Sanborn?

Does this satisfy your intellectual curiosity or do I need to justify further?

Bruce Page
12-09-2005, 3:40 PM
Mike,
tat r won sirius to-stayge kompresior! Ay wis I had rome 4 won tat sise!

Kongratulations!

:D :D

Sorry, I couldn’t resist…:rolleyes:

Mike Deschler
12-09-2005, 4:09 PM
Mike,

Kongratulations!

Hi Bruce:

Looked at the 80 gal version and I could not squeeze that fat boy in my shop anywhere, had to settle for the 60 gal version. Oh well, maybe in the next life.............

Steve Stube
12-09-2005, 6:21 PM
Mike, that will be a fine unit! Great price too!

Bruce Page
12-09-2005, 8:54 PM
Mike,
If I had the space and juice required, I would have ordered the same unit that you chose. With some non-movable machinery in my shop, I’m limited to how I can arrange things. So far, I am happy with the smaller IR GarageMate, it does what I need it to do.

Be sure to post some pics when you get the 2340L5 up and running.

Ps, the Automatic drain valve is really nice – something you should concider.

Paul B. Cresti
12-09-2005, 9:17 PM
Mike,
I have the same compressor. I ordered it from Northern Tool while it was on sale. So far I like it. It is relatively quiet much more than the EXTREMELY loud Craftsman I had. Do not forget to order a filter and regulator for it along with the start up kit. I did get one of those automatic drain valves, very nice feature, on ebay for cheap. Good luck....and by the way it ain't small!

Dennis Peacock
12-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Mike,

Kongratulations!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great writing there Bruce..!!!!!:D :D

Dennis Peacock
12-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Mike,

You is gonna really like that compressor..!!!!! Great choice. :D