PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Driver "Color Mapping"

Nick Andraka
04-20-2019, 7:37 PM
This is the older Printer driver for the Epilog Radius.
Reading the manual, you can "color map", set different speeds and power levels for different RGB colors.

Does this color mapping affect both Vector AND Raster engraving?

Nick

trisha dearing
04-20-2019, 10:26 PM
https://www.epiloglaser.com/assets/downloads/manuals/zing-manual-web.pdf page 84 says:

Color Mapping in Combined ModeColor Mapping in combined mode requires a little more planning than Raster-only or Vector-only modes.1. Any object that is color mapped will be raster engraved first in the order the colors appear in the Summary sectionof the tab. Any other raster objects that are not color mapped will then be raster engraved using the raster settingsfound in the General Tab.2. After all of the raster objects have all been engraved, the vector objects will be cut in the order they appear in theSummary section of the tab. Any other vector objects that are not color mapped will then be vectored using thevector settings found in the General Tab.

But this is for a zing, not sure if the radius is the same. I am trying to find out if I can/should use it for a tumbler when I don't have a rotary device.