PDA

View Full Version : Glitchy problem with YouTube

Bryan Lisowski
04-20-2019, 9:30 AM
So I do a lot of my video watching on YouTube on my iPad through safari. Now my iPad is probably close to 10 years old, so it may be the problem. However these are my issues.

1) when watching a video in full screen mode, when you go to minimize the video it won't minimize, after a video finished it would automatically minimize, but no more.

2) this is the most frustrating problem, when you have the list of recommend videos, if you try to select that you aren't interested it leaves YT and goes to the last site you visited. For example after typing this, if I go to YT and select not interested in a video it will bring me back to SMC. This is only for individual videos, not if I want to select all videos recommended by a creator.

I have cleared my history, logged out of YT, restarted my iPad and still happens. If anyone has had the same issues and knows a fix it would be appreciated. This is just an annoying glitch.

Aaron Rosenthal
04-21-2019, 9:26 AM
You've shut off and restarted, but have you done a reset? That sometime is what I've had to do.
Next step might be synch your pad on a computer using iTunes and then see if there is a newer update of the operating software. It,won't do the latest, I know, but it's possible you might have skipped some update. Then you can have iTunes restore the o/s as a new installation.
Its worked for me.

Jim Becker
04-21-2019, 10:36 AM
I've pretty much abandoned even using my old iPad 2 at this point because of similar issues. The most recent OS (which is still pretty old at this point) was "too much" for it and performance suffered.

Aaron Rosenthal
04-21-2019, 9:09 PM
I've pretty much abandoned even using my old iPad 2 at this point because of similar issues. The most recent OS (which is still pretty old at this point) was "too much" for it and performance suffered.
Jim I've got an original iPad mini, and it does do weird things - the sound stops. YouTube won't open, or mail delivery slows to a crawl. The worst was when an "upgrade" to the o/s kept crashing the system. I ended up doing a total step by step restore. It worked fine after that.

Jim Becker
04-22-2019, 9:07 AM
Aaron, if I could downgrade to earlier OS, it probably would run better, but the CPU on the older iPad just can't seem to handle the OS version that was the last released for that generation. It's been rebuilt more than once with no performance improvement, so it's relegated to being a "big note" remote for the AppleTV in our media room. :)