PDA

View Full Version : Fly fishing theThousand Lakes

Wayne Lomman
04-16-2019, 11:03 PM
Somewhere among these lakes - well, Great Lake actually - my grand daughter pulled in a trout half as long as herself last Saturday. Is she ever proud, especially since her father only caught tiddlers! This is my actual back yard. My western boundary abuts this world heritage area. Cheers

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-14/fly-fishing-in-the-land-of-one-thousand-lakes/10992776

Ken Fitzgerald
04-16-2019, 11:08 PM
Stunning scenery and fantastic story. If we ever make it back to Tasmania, I'd love to travel beyond Hobart!

So much world to see....so little money or time left in this world!

Dick Strauss
04-17-2019, 8:54 AM
Good for you taking her to a magical place like that to help her learn the value of such places and good for her having the patience it takes to catch a nice fish. We should all be so lucky to be that close to an area of such beauty.

What a shame that folks don't realize the journey through the woods on the way to the lake is a large part of the adventure and experience!

roger wiegand
04-17-2019, 9:16 AM
I'm not a fan of flat water fishing, but that's one stunningly nice place! Oz is on the short list for a month away from mud season in New England, so this will go in the idea file.

Eduard Nemirovsky
04-17-2019, 10:34 AM
When I am going for fly fishing with my daughter, she always catch bigger or more fish then me. I love it.
Ed.

Wayne Lomman
04-17-2019, 5:12 PM
I'm not a fan of flat water fishing, but that's one stunningly nice place! Oz is on the short list for a month away from mud season in New England, so this will go in the idea file.

Roger, there are plenty of rivers as well to keep you busy. This was just an article about the area of lakes in the Central Highlands. Cheers

Frederick Skelly
04-17-2019, 9:03 PM
Beautiful place Wayne! You're a lucky man....except for those poisonous snakes you mentioned a while ago. ;)