PDA

View Full Version : 64 LED’s, 30 watts, little heat

Bruce Page
04-14-2019, 4:53 PM
..and plenty of light.

A few years ago I added an on/off switch and made a swivel mount for an old work light I had. I mounted it above the table saw because, well, you can’t have too much light at my age. The only problem with it was the 300w halogen bulb consumed a lot of energy and put off an incredible amount of heat. I seldom used it.
Anyway, I ran across this LED replacement and gave it a try. It doesn’t put out quite as much light as the halogen but puts out plenty for my needs. I had to add a spacer block under it to keep it from rotating down but other than that, it was plug & play.

Dennis Nagle
04-14-2019, 5:17 PM
Can you post a link to that bank of LEDs? I'd like to try that.

Bruce Page
04-14-2019, 5:20 PM
Can you post a link to that bank of LEDs? I'd like to try that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0779W24QD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ed Edwards
04-14-2019, 8:01 PM
Dennis,
The best part of this lamp is, you had a housing to work with Kudos to you good deal

Ed

Karl Loeblein
04-17-2019, 4:13 PM
Sadly, sometimes LED replacement bulbs are more costly than replace the whole fixture. For instance, this flood light from Onforu has
twice the light output for less money (per unit).

Onforu 2 Pack 60W LED Flood Light, 6000 Lumen Super Bright Security Lights, 5000K Daylight White
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNN52FW

Alan Lightstone
04-21-2019, 9:08 AM
I thought about purchasing a few similar lights at 2700K to warm up the light temperature of my workshop. Thought I'd either have them directly point down from about 10 feet high, or bounce off the ceiling.

Never got past the thought stage. Hard to find those types of fixtures in 2700 or 3000K, but I did find a few.

Looks incredibly bright, Bruce.:cool:

Von Bickley
04-21-2019, 10:53 AM
That light looks like it will work great..... but that shop is way too clean.

Jim Becker
04-21-2019, 10:53 AM
I have a few of those halogen lights that could warm up the surface of the sun once they've been on for a bit. I'll have to check out these LED replacements for them!

robert wiggins
04-21-2019, 3:08 PM
I have one of those original work lights and I heat my shop with it :D but only in winter so thanks for the bulb replacement link. The remainder of the time I wear a adjustable beam led head lamp maybe 600 lumen IDK, and what I like about it is it always points just where I'm looking and usually without shadows. One would think nature would have at least gave us good eyes til the end even if she took most of the other bodily functions.