PDA

View Full Version : Delta LA200 Midi

Bernie Weishapl
12-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Well I guess Bob Noles pulled me into the black hole with him. I am the proud new owner of a Delta LA200 Midi lathe. It also has the extension. I will be picking it up hopefully in Denver, Colo. this Sunday when my brother comes thru. Now if my books and video's would get here along with the tools I ordered. I have been following the Turners posts and reading everything I can on the internet and will have a ton of questions. Pictures will following as soon as I have it.

Keith Christopher
12-08-2005, 11:00 PM
Bernie,

Congrats ! It is an awesome Lathe!

Keith

Andy Hoyt
12-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Attention Ken Fitzgerald!

YOU'RE NEXT

Way to go Bernie!

Bernie Weishapl
12-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Thanks Keith and Andy. Watch out Ken. Andy is ruthless. I appreciate it guys. As I told Bob I have a ton of questions.

Keith Burns
12-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Way COOL !!! Congrats:)

Bob Noles
12-09-2005, 7:33 AM
These guys need to pull their bait out of the water.... they are going to deplete the pond :eek:

Congrats Bernie.... we are going to have a blast learning together. Don't worry about the questions.... I hold the record :D

John Hart
12-09-2005, 7:46 AM
I love the questions. I learn more from other people's questions than what I learn from my own. Keep 'em coming Bernie! Oh...and welcome to the abyss! ;)

Sam Chambers
12-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Bernie, I have one of those, and I learned something the other day...

Don't over-tighten those plastic handles! They break!

Other than that, it's a great little lathe.

John Miliunas
12-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Congrats, Bernie! You have now been officially assimilated!:D Due to the never-ending house projects, as well as currently being somewhat physically disabled, I don't turn anywhere near as much as I'd like to but, it sure is fun when I do! Great break from flat work! Enjoy and we will be expecting many pics!!!:) :cool:

Oh yeah...Like Andy said, KEN, YOU'RE NEXT!!!!:D

John Strait
12-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Bernie, I have one of those, and I learned something the other day...

Don't over-tighten those plastic handles! They break!

Other than that, it's a great little lathe.

Sam,

I had the same problem and called Delta about it and they sent me a set of metal handles. Not sure how long you have had yours but it is worth a try.

John

Cecil Arnold
12-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Bernie, welcome to the slippery slope. Jump in bith both feet, the water's fine. What are you waiting on Ken.