PDA

View Full Version : delta 36 725

jeff oldham
04-11-2019, 4:14 PM
well I had been looking for a table saw and I read a lot of reviews on the delta 36 725 table saw and the price at lowes seemed very good and it was a delta so I figured it was a good saw,,so I bought it but after buying it I found out it does have a 5 yr warranty,,but if anything goes wrong with the saw you have to take it to a delta repair center,,you cant take it back to lowes and if you purchases the extended warranty it does not start till the end of the 5 yrs,,im not actually knocking the saw ,,it went together really good and it seems like a good saw,,love the fence system,,but the service center is 150 miles away from me,,so in that reguard I believe I will be looking for another saw with a better customer service,,lol,,or a closer one,,and the people at lowes don't know this,,i checked with them,,i cant speak for everyone but customer service means a lot to me,,i hope this helps anyone looking at this saw,,like I said,,,,i feel like its a good saw,,,but to me that is the only downside to it,,,

Jim Becker
04-11-2019, 4:55 PM
Jeff, in all honesty...pretty much anything you buy at retail these days will require you to take ownership of service/maintenance including transporting to an authorized service center. It really doesn't matter what brand the tool is nor does it matter if it's a mass market product like the Delta saw you bought or a high-end machine. A warranty will cover parts/labor for a certain period of time, but the responsibility for transport isn't part of that. Many of the high-end products will provide the parts, but the labor is on the machine owner, either to self-service or pay for a technician to come to the shop. That's the world we live in now.

Matt Day
04-12-2019, 9:33 AM
Jim nailed it. Big box stores sell stuff and take returns, there is no servicing of anything they sell.

Frank Pratt
04-12-2019, 9:53 AM
With a lot of big woodworking machinery, the de facto warranty is that they will help you diagnose the problem over the phone, then send you the needed part, and you install it. I'd rather do it this way than have to haul a machine to a service center.

Lee Kirgan
05-06-2019, 6:15 PM
Came here to share my experience with warranty work from Delta. I bought my 36-725 almost a year ago and, frankly, it worked great after slight calibration. Early on, the handle on the fence broke so I bought a new one without even trying to go the warranty route. Then a small bolt in the lift handle broke and I said, fine...don't need to lock it down. About 6-7 weeks ago, I went to raise the blade and the whole motor crashed down into the cabinet. Called Delta and spoke with Steve and had a great chat and he then directed me to my local service center. I was able to quickly diagnose the problem so parts could be ordered. The part that failed is the elevating bushing. I called Delta to buy the part and they informed me that the part, costing $9.70, would not be available until July. By now the saw is with the Service Center and they even received a complete lift assembly to install. Problem with that assembly is that it was missing the bushing. So, back to square one. Delta informed the service center that they shipped a bushing out but the service center has not seen it. This has cost me money. I bought the Delta name, the Delta Warranty and apparently a saw that has no replacement parts. It is a great saw until it breaks. I'm 7 weeks without a saw. Possibly another 7 down? I have missed shows that typically meant great returns for my work. Lowes carries the Delta 36-725 and should hold Delta to some level of accountability.