PDA

View Full Version : Need Powermatic lathe pics

Forrest Price
12-08-2005, 8:47 PM
Hey there any fellow 3520A owners. I need pics of the VFD (inverter) on the back of the lathe. Front of it and any spec label that may be readable.

Mine is melted into a pile of goo, and I've got to replace it. In another lifetime, I used to sell variable freq drives and inverters, so I'm going to need to draw on some past knowledge if I can remember where I put it! :)

I'm not keen on paying the $755 powermatic wants for a replacement! Somebody makes these for these people and I know I can find a cheaper replacement for it somewhere.

Thanks for any help!

Jim Becker
12-08-2005, 8:57 PM
Will your insurance not pay to replace the whole machine?? The heat cannot have been good on the cast iron, either... ;)

Travis Stinson
12-08-2005, 9:44 PM
Forrest, I'm sure the controller is available from other sources. It's a Delta unit (not Delta tools). I can take some pics of mine for you tomorrow if you want to go that route.

Forrest Price
12-08-2005, 9:55 PM
Will your insurance not pay to replace the whole machine?? The heat cannot have been good on the cast iron, either... ;)

Jim, nope not covered.:(

Forrest Price
12-08-2005, 9:56 PM
Forrest, I'm sure the controller is available from other sources. It's a Delta unit (not Delta tools). I can take some pics of mine for you tomorrow if you want to go that route.

yeah, could really use some pics from someone. Thanks Travis.:cool:

Loy Hawes
12-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Here is a website that shows a decent shot.

http://www.turningwood.com/light_stand.htm

Dennis Peacock
12-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Contact Don Farr....SMC member via email as yak with him about it. He has a business that repairs VFD's and such for a living. He may can fix you up at a dandy deal. Tell him that Dennis Peacock sent ya. ;)

Forrest Price
12-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Contact Don Farr....SMC member via email as yak with him about it. He has a business that repairs VFD's and such for a living. He may can fix you up at a dandy deal. Tell him that Dennis Peacock sent ya. ;)

Dennis, I dropped him an email. Thanks for the lead!

Loy, thanks for the link.

Forrest

Don Farr
12-09-2005, 10:08 AM
I have anwsered Forrests' email and give him the best price I could to help him out. Certainly a lot cheaper than $750.00.

Don

Jim Ketron
12-09-2005, 4:27 PM
Your the Man Don!
Hope Mine never breaks but if it does, You will be getting my business.

Doug Jones
12-09-2005, 4:30 PM
Hope mine never breaks either, but then again I already have one. (wink, wink, Don).

Travis Stinson
12-09-2005, 5:54 PM
Here's the pics Forrest, if you still need them.

Forrest Price
12-09-2005, 7:18 PM
Excellent pics Travis thanks! Don has come thru BIG time folks. I'll be ordering it as soon as I can afford to.

Thanks for all the help.

Forrest

Jim Becker
12-09-2005, 8:30 PM
Jim, nope not covered.

Oh, my...does that include all your tools?

Dennis Peacock
12-09-2005, 8:47 PM
I have anwsered Forrests' email and give him the best price I could to help him out. Certainly a lot cheaper than $750.00.

Don

Thank You Don Farr......as usual....you ARE THE MAN!!!!!:D

Forrest Price
12-10-2005, 12:03 AM
Oh, my...does that include all your tools?

Jim, no coverage on ANY of my tools. Was quite a loss considering all the stationary stuff is less than 2 yrs old, and some, like the lathe and bandsaw just a few months.
Not fun.

Forrest

Jim Becker
12-10-2005, 2:30 PM
I am thinking you need a new insurance carrier one of these days, or at least a rider that does cover them. (If you are a pro and didn't have business coverage you need to get that over and above your homeowner's coverage)