PDA

View Full Version : Where's Larry Merlau?

Peter Gavin
12-08-2005, 2:57 PM
maybe this has already been addressed, but i noticed that there aven't been any posts by larry since 11/5. Any idea what is up with him?

Thanks

Peter

Steve Ash
12-08-2005, 3:05 PM
I usually keep in touch with Larry, but haven't heard from him in a few weeks. In fact last night I thought I should give him a phone call. This much I know...he is an avid deer hunter and regular season firearms just got done a week ago, then it is muzzle loader season. He was also caribou hunting a month or so ago. I guess I better email him or give him a phone call.

Steve Ash
12-08-2005, 6:02 PM
Follow up...Called Larry, he is alive and in good humor. Just really busy. Hopefully he'll get a chance to stop in here for a bit.

Jim Young
12-08-2005, 8:49 PM
Ya, he's fine. PM'ed him a week or so ago and he is doing fine. Seems like the hunting thing is pretty big in his life.

larry merlau
12-09-2005, 7:10 AM
to get you folks upto date i have been climbing trees abit and then work picked up so i had to do it rather than contribute here:( and i did dropin a while ago and noticed the first avatar i saw was what looked like a russian, i was afraid that the communist might have rizen again, i didnt think that one of our great mentors was like that:) although i was a bit jealous that furry hat looks like it would work great for ice fishin.. maybe next time he's over there he could bring home another one for a big headed redneck! and as for the hunting aspect. yup i am pretty focused on that when the time comes. but not the firearms, just archery. and i dont have to worry about gettin ran over by the reindeer this i got a pair of them thinned out and the others have changed course, rundolf even snubbed his nose to me:) so once again thanks for the concern and i hope to get more time to alocate some of my misinformation to those not wanting it.. larry

Keith July
12-09-2005, 8:33 AM
Larry,
If this weather keeps up we will have safe ice shortly. Hint hint.

I am still waiting to hear a story or two about your trip north.
Keith

larry merlau
12-09-2005, 8:45 AM
it was acold and chilly night and all threw the house not a critter was stirring not even steve, then as the sleigh got ready to go the light had vanished form rudolfs nose he had seen what damage had been done by larry earlier and knew that he wasnt going ot be next so he hid from santa and the rest of his elves so christmaswill be delayed or possib;ly canceled,,thansk to the great efforts of me:) wheni get some time free i will make arrangments to spin a yarn or two with both you and steve at steves place he has the refreeshments and it wil be a lenghty story session:)

Chris Rosenberger
12-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Larry,
Did you get in touch with Tim?

Steve Ash
12-09-2005, 12:14 PM
both you and steve at steves place he has the refreeshments and it wil be a lenghty story session:)

Are you talking about that beverage in a big aluminum keg called barley pop?

larry merlau
12-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Are you talking about that beverage in a big aluminum keg called barley pop?
yup that be the one mr STEVE, i have been practicing AND can maybe hold my own again:)

Keith July
12-09-2005, 3:57 PM
Hmmmm so you are the one who tangled with the guy in the red suit.
I am looking forward to the stories and the drinks. Maybe just the stories because I am already seeing things that are a bit strange....Steve in a cowboy hat and looking about 15 years younger:eek:
Keith

Steve Ash
12-12-2005, 3:39 PM
Maybe just the stories because I am already seeing things that are a bit strange....Steve in a cowboy hat and looking about 15 years younger:eek:
Keith

What???.....I've always been a handsome fella...and I'm as good once, as I've ever been.:)