PDA

View Full Version : Steve Voigt hits a homer

James Pallas
04-06-2019, 8:13 PM
Steve Voigt wrote a great article about double iron planes for the new issue of Mortise and Tenon magazine. It's a good article with great background info and helpful tips. Nice job Steve.
Jim
I apologize to Steve for my failure to notice name recognition and not checking.

David Eisenhauer
04-06-2019, 10:16 PM
I have one of his double iron planes and it works very, very well indeed. In my case, his knowledge was translated into a real world performer. Go Steve.

Kevin Adams
04-07-2019, 7:54 AM
Steve is a great craftsman. His planes are as good as they get.

Kevin

Brian Holcombe
04-07-2019, 8:18 AM
Congrats, Steve!

Frederick Skelly
04-07-2019, 10:20 AM
Congrats, Steve!

+1. Steve's a very knowledgeable guy who never hesitates to share what he knows. He helped me several times and it was much appreciated. If he's in M&T, that's a good reason for me to finally go buy a copy and try it out. Thanks James!
Fred

Dave Anderson NH
04-08-2019, 7:53 AM
Steve is indeed a great guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him in January at the 18th Century Woodworking conference at Colonial Williamsburg. Excellent presentation.

Graham Haydon
04-08-2019, 3:45 PM
Through the prism of the internet, Steve has shown himself to be an excellent source of information. Further, he has taken the time to learn the craft of making western double iron planes. I wish him all the success in the future. Would really like to see him offering a plough :)

Andrew Pitonyak
04-08-2019, 4:05 PM
I started the article, but have not yet finished it.

I picked it up and I started skimming it, did not get very far in when I decided that I needed to give it more consideration and started over with a concentrated read.

Two thumbs up so far.

Steve Voigt
04-09-2019, 8:27 AM
Jim Pallas, thanks for the shout out, and thanks for the nice comments, everyone. Much appreciated.

J. Greg Jones
04-09-2019, 11:59 AM
I started the article, but have not yet finished it.

I picked it up and I started skimming it, did not get very far in when I decided that I needed to give it more consideration and started over with a concentrated read.

Two thumbs up so far.
Same here! So much good stuff in the article-very nicely done.