PDA

View Full Version : I need something like construction adhesive...

dustin wassner
04-05-2019, 11:19 AM
I need something like construction adhesive that I can fill small jars with, seal the jars, and not have the adhesive cure while in the container.

Doesn't need to be construction adhesive, but needs to roughly have its consistency, and needs to have somewhat decent strength. Could even be a powder I put in the jars and the end user adds water.

I am at a loss for what to try. Any thoughts?

roger wiegand
04-05-2019, 2:00 PM
Ready to go without repackaging: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-2-5-oz-Construction-Adhesive-Tube-80200/206939631

James Waldron
04-05-2019, 2:03 PM
I need something like construction adhesive that I can fill small jars with, seal the jars, and not have the adhesive cure while in the container.

Doesn't need to be construction adhesive, but needs to roughly have its consistency, and needs to have somewhat decent strength. Could even be a powder I put in the jars and the end user adds water.

I am at a loss for what to try. Any thoughts?

It's a lot easier to do your R&D work if we know what we are trying to achieve. What's this adhesive for? What's it to do? Are we going to get paid in stock options?

Marc Jeske
04-05-2019, 5:50 PM
Shelf life considerations ?

The seal and overall imperviousness (?) of the package matl has a huge affect also.

Package material needs to be as compatable as possible w contents.

For example.. even in a poly jug, muriatic acid in storage does havoc on surrounding items.

Marc

Marc Jeske
04-05-2019, 6:20 PM
Dustin - Ya really gotta spill some more beans... show at least a few cards.

Going by your post... it's totally unclear what it is you really want to achieve.

That yummy mint flavor Kids School Paste as sold in it's packaging could even qualify !

Marc

Bill Dufour
04-05-2019, 9:03 PM
The dry powder resin mix glues come to mind. Resourceanal or some such spelling.
Bill D

Weldwood?

John Terefenko
04-07-2019, 1:42 AM
Are you trying to reinvent something that does not reinventing. Many products on the shelf that fit what you are talking about already. As said need more info as to what you are looking to do.