PDA

View Full Version : 30w fiber laser text

chad shoemaker
04-03-2019, 2:54 PM
Hey guys, need a little help with text settings on my 30w fiber laser. I somehow changed settings and now when I engrave a text it is not centered in the red square and off to the left. I'm thinking it is galvo settings but I cant figure it out for the life of me. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Kev Williams
04-03-2019, 3:41 PM
very short lesson as I'm pressed for time :)

Press F3 or the F3 parameters button bottom middle of the screen...

First page to come up is for adjusting what the actual laser output is doing as to actual size and shape of the engraved output in relation to your actual engraving instructions- many options, reading the manual is the best teacher here for what to do...

At the top of the first page, hit the "OTHER" tab, toward the right, hit the "Red Light Pointer" button-

This window is where you adjust the red light, and ONLY the red light, to match the engraving... best way, engrave a 4" one pass, very thin square on something. Make sure the 'something' is taped, clamped or otherwise won't move... Once engraved, now turn on the red light, and note how well the light square aligns to the engraved square. Use the Y and Y offset settings to move the red light left-right-up-down in .01 or .001mm increments until aligned best you can. IF the red square isn't the same size as the engraved square, use the 'size scale' X and Y to shrink or enlarge the red box to match the engraved box by percentage. Depending on which version of Ezcad you're using, the numbers in 100/ths of mm may not show up in the menu, but Ezcad DOES recognize them, so whatever settings you try, write them down for reference-

Can take a few minutes but you should be able to exactly match the boxes.

chad shoemaker
04-03-2019, 3:49 PM
Thank you!!! I appreciate the help.