PDA

View Full Version : Fein Turbo II coupled with Dust Deputy

Joe Cowan
04-03-2019, 1:13 PM
I buy this without much research and am reading the connection between the two could be a problem. Any insight appreciated. The last post about this was many years ago.

Cliff Polubinsky
04-04-2019, 10:22 AM
Joe,

Don't know what kind of problem they are referring to. I have that set up and it works fine. Just run a hose from one to the other.

Cliff

Joe Cowan
04-04-2019, 10:26 AM
It was a problem, but I solved it by luck. The part that should go to the vacuum port was slightly too big. I had read about this in those early posts from several years ago. I was scratching my head on how to buy some PVC part and turn it down slightly to make an adapter. I took the end of the old vac hose from my dead vacuum, and it was a perfect fit to my Fein hose and also the the vacuum.

Derek Cohen
04-04-2019, 10:47 AM
I buy this without much research and am reading the connection between the two could be a problem. Any insight appreciated. The last post about this was many years ago.

Years ago I had a Fein and DD. They worked well. Connections? You do what you have to do :)

https://i.postimg.cc/kMs6Qzd6/Vacuumsetup1.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

Tony Zaffuto
04-04-2019, 1:35 PM
Rockler sells vacuum hose adapters that work well with the Turbo II (I have one). Used to come in a kit with an expandable hose, now also available separately. I have yet to find anything that I could not adapt to.

Nick Decker
04-04-2019, 1:38 PM
I'm using a Dust Deputy with a Fein Turbo I. The stock hose supplied with the Dust Deputy fits right over the intake fitting on the Fein. It was a tad loose, so I added a simple hose clamp to secure it. Going strong for a couple of years now. Still on the original Fein bag, and haven't even needed to clean the filter.